Crysis: Warhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Padawan
Crysis: Warhead Announced!
Today, June 5 2008, Electronic Arts and Crytek announce the development of Crysis: Warhead, a stand-alone game exclusively for the PC and coming this fall. Warhead is a parallel story to Crysis and in it you play as Sergeant Sykes, also known as 'Psycho'

*img127.imageshack.us/img127/9462/crysiswarheadteaserqu0.jpg

EA AND CRYTEK ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF CRYSIS WARHEAD

The Next Installment of One of the Highest Rated Games of 2007

Blasts its way onto PCs this Fall

Redwood City, Calif. – June 5, 2008 – Maximum freedom, maximum explosions and maximum Psycho! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning independent studio Crytek today announced Crysis Warhead® – the parallel story to Crysis, one of the most critically-acclaimed first person shooters and PC games of 2007. Shipping exclusively for the PC this fall, Crysis Warhead is the first title to be developed at Crytek´s Budapest studio, and is built on a new, enhanced and optimized version of Crytek’s CryENGINE® 2 technology.

“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “That being said, one of the key principles of our studio is to always raise the bar. With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis.”

“The best result of a partnership that we can ask for in the EA Partners program is when a world class independent studio like Crytek chooses to continue to work with us,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and Global General Manager, EA Partners. “Crysis was an amazing game and is going to be a blockbuster franchise. We could not be more excited to be working with Crytek to launch another hit with Crysis Warhead this year.”

In Crysis Warhead, players will don the Nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, also known as ‘Psycho’, one of the most memorable characters from Crysis. More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho’s parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined. Luckily, Psycho’s Nanosuit is just as capable and he’s equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content. Stay tuned for more details this summer.

Crysis Warhead has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.crysisthegame.com.

You can visit the Crysis: Warhead teaser site from these two URLs:
www.crysis-thegame.com
www.crysisthegame.com

SOURCE:*www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=660

P

paranj

minimum requirements are out -

a Core 2 Duo E8500
4GB DDR3 RAM
2x9800gx2

not much.

OP
Stalker

Stalker

Padawan
^^LOL

anyway, i think this will be an expansion of some sort to Crysis.....so min requirements will be the same(almost)

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Should have been a multiplayer expansion rather than a singleplayer one with the same storyline but playing someone else.
But thats just my opinion. I'm sure many didn't like the multiplayer version. From sales point of view, Crytek would have been better off with a multiplayer(and make it more lower spec friendly) to lure in more gamers rather than to cater to a select few with ubergod gaming rigs.

This one will be more optimized to run on older systems i guess and maybe we could play it on highest settings with playable FPS's unlike Crysis.Crysis was a good game but poorly optimized:( Hope this one doesn't disappoint.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Y all of u need to run at max...
ive finished Crysis many times even on my 7600GT on med and it looked good too.
As cards are becoming powerful nd cheaper, req wont be much of a problem.

but my disappointment is the main character being the Phycho. A leaner one wud have been better.

P

paranj

Psycho was really a psycho. Geez why did even Electronic Farts bother with an expansion :(

P

paranj

we were joking. do u really think they will put up 2x9800GX2 as minimum? :D:D

P

paranj

But be ready,it will atleast require 7600GT but seeing ur sig i dont think u will have prob. running it on the Electric Stove :D:D

P

paranj

okay than it will run fine. i want another 8800GT and a XFX 680i SLi LT and an E8400. :( I am poor :( I cant play Mario.:(:(

ancientrites

In the zone
this is a great news yet another crysis game exclusively for pc but guyz you all r forgetting something but i havent i read in some site crytek will stop supporting pc platform and concentrate on consoles.were they joking about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom