Crysis System Requirements Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Crysis is a highly anticipated PC shooter, mostly because of its stunning visuals. But the better they look, the more demanding they are, any PC gamer will tell you that. An admin posted the hardware requirements on the official Crysis forums. Although pure speculation, the admin claims he has researched a lot in order to get the requirements. Sounds pretty accurate, considering it’s Crysis;

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

source

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Good that I overclocked my 3000+ to 3500+ speeds. Also I think, with these requirements, my 6800GS is sufficient to play at 1024 X 768.

Pathik

Google Bot
do we have to activate it on the net or wat.....
that net config is only for online playin na....

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
But these Minimum System Requirements are NOT Official ... The post on Crysis forums has been suspended. Though i think these speculations are good enuf !!! No one can be mre happy than me as it will supposedly play on my system. :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok i guess it'll run on mine although the net connection will be a problem ( i got so irritated that HL2 would not run all it did was keep updating itself and trying to login to my account.

by the way how do i overclock my AMD any place where i can get the tutorial?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
the internet connection requirements are 'only' for the online play. And EA already has a steam like service(EA downloader) , but they don't distribute games by online only mode like Valve does with steam , games are also available in traditional pakaging .

sysrq

Banned
btw there was a contrwersy about requirements trueness:-
*www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php/topic,177.from1153901241/topicseen.html#msg2119

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
izzikio_rage said:
Ok i guess it'll run on mine although the net connection will be a problem ( i got so irritated that HL2 would not run all it did was keep updating itself and trying to login to my account.

by the way how do i overclock my AMD any place where i can get the tutorial?

Read this:

*www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=12066

mediator

Technomancer
My favourite game is king of fighter 98 ...i play once evryday on linux!! HEHE. Have to hide this thread from ma bro or else he'll just rip off the PC t get the needed requirements!

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
sysrq said:
btw there was a contrwersy about requirements trueness:-
*www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php/topic,177.from1153901241/topicseen.html#msg2119

I already mentioned b4 that these are intelligent conclusions derived from reports frm unofficial sources.

The account at crysis forum has been suspended !!!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. my PC is over the min. requirements by quite a lot ... but i still doubt how good these specs are ... coz the gamespot reviewed it on a X2 4800+ and a single X1900XTX nad said they plaid at ultra high settings (assuming atleast 1280*1024 , max) .. i think my rig can do better than 1024*768 , high ... and maybe even better coz i'm getting a X2 4200+ very soon :D

But what really bugs me is the fact that they're asking 6600 for SM2.0 support ??? Hmmm .. strange coz i think the FX series can do that too ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom