Crt Vs Lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
I am currently owning a 17 inch flat CRT and am thinking of upgrading to an LCD. But considering the price factor?(of >20 inch LCDs) and the issues like poor constrast ratio, viewing angle, brightness,etc.(as compared to CRT), should I go for the upgrade to an LCD or just a larger screen CRT?

Thanks

:)

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you are thinking looks matter, go for LCD. Otherwise, stick to CRT... I did a rough check on power savings with 15" LCD over 15" CRT monitors about a month back. The initial cost difference is so large that I estimated net savings in about 10 to 15 years only... In addition, you need to have good features if you plan to do gaming, etc which will increase cost further...

Arun

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
well CRT is still better as you can wait for the prices of LCD displays to fall.
It is right that today we can get a 17" LCD of about 13K but then if u want 20"+ LCD then u have to have a big pocket......So considering the prices factor CRT
Considering the Looks LCD

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
CRT is good for gaming(if u r hardcore gamer) ONLY & yes "budget".But LCD sucks less power than CRT & contrast ratio,brightness & everything else.But now these days LCD are also widely used for gaming & long hours of usage.Just check the response time of the LCD(should be LOW).Market is full of brands offer varieties of LCD.
I also agreed with SMSlover,pick bigger LCD.Viewsonic has 19" LCD for 16K & it has response time 2 MS,grab that one.

hash!!

________
theres already a thread related to this... might as well save the effort... :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40370

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well i sit almost 18hrs infront my PC... i had a CRT and now owe a LCD ... i eyes really thank me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom