Credit Card Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I hold a deutsche bank credit card.

On many an occasion, I have deposited a cheque on 22nd or 23rd (due date being the 23rd) and was always given grace period for the cheque to realise. In my latest statement, they have charged 800 bucks interest. On questioning why, they say my prev balance was 15.5k odd.. I had paid around 11k on the 20th of dec, and a cheque of 2154 which was deposited on the 23rd, took 28th to get credited into their account which normally happens, so left it. This doesn't add up to 15.5k i know. There was a cashback of 3500 which I accounted to be more than the due amount and also verified by making a call to its call center. They said the dues are clear. no probs..

Suddenly in my statement dated jan 3, 08, i have this interest charges. Isn't this highly insane? I've tried contacting cust care twice already, both the times in excess of 15 mins on the call but unable to get a solution, I don't like to be put on hold for more than 5 mins so I cut the call in both the instances.. Have written a stinker to the cards care email id. Lets see what happens. I had clearly stated that if this interest does not get reversed, I am surrendering the card. I give them business of 50-75k per quarter, and if they want to lose a loyal customer, wwell God save them..

Usually how long is the grace period for the cheques to realise? What if the due date is a sunday or a public holiday? And why does it take 5 days to clear a local cheque, everyday the atm drop box clearing time being 12 noon?

Regards, DC.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Most of the banks clearly mention in their terms and conditions that the cheque must be deposited at least 3-4 days before due date to avoid any late payment charges, so you should better be careful the next time. Seeing the pattern of your spendings and to avoid losing a customer, the bank most probably would waive off the charges upon your request. So try to contact the nodal officer if customer care is unable to give you a satisfactory reply.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Go here
and in that page Credit Card Relationships:
Use google MAN, terms
india deutsche bank credit card complaint
it's the first result with those terms
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2123380002_ec73f8668a_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom