Creative EP-630 earphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I broke my Cowon U2 Audio Player’s earphone. That called for a new earphone. I called the distributor in Mumbai, who told me that they are not selling earphone separately. That brought me in the market for earphones.

I heard a lot about Creative Ep 630 in ear earphones. I decided to purchase. Now, I have no idea of how in ear earphone will be like. Still I did a lot research and finally from a internet site I got the name of a shop in Vile Parle called Alfa3. I decided to go there.

Well, I purchased one. I started using them. At first, I couldn’t hear any bass. I was highly disappointed. Since I had already broke open the packet there was no way going back to the shop. I thought that I was conned. But somewhere in the net I read about Seinnheiser in ear earphone not getting any bass because the proud new owner had fitted these in his ears not properly. Well, this gave me an idea. I experimented with the various sizes of ear buds they had supplied and suddenly as if out of nowhere I started getting bass responses in my ear phone. It also sounded quite nice. It sounded so nice that I was reluctant even to take it off my ear even when I arrived at my office. You see, I use my player during my train travel. Even when the train was passing through Parsik Tunnel, I was not able to hear nothing of the outside noise.

For Rs. 1000/-, it is a quite fantastic earphone. There are two major advantages to this type of design, first up is that they don’t tend to fall out of your ears when you’re jogging like standard ear-bud type headphones do. But more important is that with the headphones pushed deep into your ears, you cut out almost all the background noise. If you’ve ever travelled on the suburban trains of Mumbai using standard headphones you’ll be aware that you can hardly hear your music over the sound of the train. You’ll have no such problems with the EP-630s – no matter how loud things might get on the train, you’ll be able to hear your music and you won’t even have to crank the volume up to the top to do so. In fact, I lowered the volume, because at a lower volume also, the music was very clear and loud. Even smallest sounds can be heard very distinctly.

You get three sets of rubbers for the headphones, so you should be able to find a set the fits your ears comfortably. I found that the smallest set were perfect, and I was able to use the EP-630s for several hours without my ears aching. Headphones like this do take a bit of getting used to though, since you feel a kind of pressure at first, like you’re under water, but if you can get past that you’ll never look back.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Got them to replace my iPod's default phones , loving them so much the bass is incredible .I have even heard sounds I never heard before.

I am a train commuter too and yeps it does kill out a lot of noise ,you can even hear your heart beat wearing these :p( Try it ,run around a bit sit down wear the phones). Try hanging out of the train door these things will never budge out of your ears.

I'd recommend these phones to everyone. :)

amitava82

MMO Addict
can any one confirm this earphone is available at Landmark, Bangalore? I need a pair for my zen micro...

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
amitava82 said:
can any one confirm this earphone is available at Landmark, Bangalore? I need a pair for my zen micro...

As per creative site, the following is the address of their distributor in Bangalore.

Vishan, 45/1, 4th cross
Malleswaran Circle,
Malleswaram
Bangalore - 560003
080-23310491
080-23310498

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
i've been lookin for a good set of earphones under 3k , but here in Lko most good brand's aren't officially available :(

For Lucknow this is the distributor's address as per Creative site:

7, Way Lane, Jopling Road,
Lucknow - 226001
0522-2208600

All addreses of shops in India:

*in.creative.com/shop/in-distributor.asp

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I too was in search of gud in-ear earphone. Thanks Ramakrishnan for the address list. Gonna call them now.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah, i have these too.. Amazing earphones.. VERY cheap for their quality :)

alekh_khanna

Broken In
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
i've been lookin for a good set of earphones under 3k , but here in Lko most good brand's aren't officially available :(

Have u tried e-zone ?? i think u might get them there.. that too at a reduced price.. that shop has got some nice gadget collection.. give it a look.. or check out NAKA BAZAAR.. surely u will get them there..
Happy hunting !!!!

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
can someone give details abt this alfa3 shop in vileparle
need addr and no..
land mark plz

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Yups i tried E-Zone and Landmark n both didn't stock creative Stuff .

Actually i was lookin for Creative Auravana .

Also creative dealer in Lko doesn't stock anything above Inspire series :(

Now i'm gonna get it imported from Singapore/Hong Kong , will get cheapest rates there :D

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
ashnik said:
can someone give details abt this alfa3 shop in vileparle
need addr and no..
land mark plz

Get down at Vile parele(W). Take any autorikshaw and tell them that you want to go Irla Society Road and Alfa. This shop is very famous and very very crowded. Rickshaw fare may be around Rs.10/-

goobimama

 Macboy
These in-ear earphones are a must on the train/bus. But very dangerous when it comes to riding a bike or something...

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Yups i tried E-Zone and Landmark n both didn't stock creative Stuff .

Actually i was lookin for Creative Auravana .

Also creative dealer in Lko doesn't stock anything above Inspire series :(

Now i'm gonna get it imported from Singapore/Hong Kong , will get cheapest rates there :D

hey man, get the EP630. Auravana got very bad reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom