Creating VCDs with high resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naikosen

Broken In
I am eager to know the correct and easiest way to create Video CDs with high resolution display.

I use Adobe AfterEffect to edit video files from Video CDs which produces '.avi' or '.mpg' files with good resolution.
But as I burn these files using Nero Burning Rom to create Video CD, the resolution becomes very poor- big sqare pixels are displayed on the screen.

How to overcome this?

Processor : Intel Pentium IV (2.80 ghz)
Mother Board: Intel 865 gbfn.
RAM: 512 mb
AGP: Inbuilt 16mb shared (I use no extra Grafix card)
Thank you very much for your helping hand.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
video cds must be created wid 352x288 pix resolution wid mpeg1 encoding. if you create files wid higher resolutions, it wont any longer remain a video cd!!!!!

sakumar79

Technomancer
You can create an SVCD to get better resolution. VCD gives 352x288 resolution while SVCD gives 480 x 576 on PAL.

Excerpt from *www.videohelp.com/svcd.php

SVCD stands for "Super VideoCD". A SVCD is very similiar to a VCD, it has the capacity to hold about 35-60 minutes on 74/80 min CDs of very good quality full-motion video along with up to 2 stereo audio tracks and also 4 selectable subtitles. A SVCD can be played on many standalone DVD Players and of course on all computers with a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive with the help of a software based decoder / player. It is also possible to use menus and chapters, similiar to DVDs, on a SVCD and also simple photo album/slide shows with background audio. The quality of a SVCD is much better than a VCD, especially much more sharpen picture than a VCD because of the higher resolution.

If you are creating movies to be viewed on computers only and not on VCD players, you can use DivX or other such MPEG4 codecs that produce good compression on videos... Then, u can burn them on cds and even add a menu to view them (If you use a freeware called Deep burner, you can create a CD with menu options to play the movie (one or more) using default media player, install the needed codecs, and even install your choice media player).

Hope this helps,
Arun

puja399

In the zone
What is your source of the video? Are you trying to capture videos shot with camcorders into computer media or just editing and converting videos from other formats?

suhasingale

Journeyman
puja399 said:
What is your source of the video? Are you trying to capture videos shot with camcorders into computer media or just editing and converting videos from other formats?

This is the very important thing wat puja is talking abt coz if the video size is small orignally in its resolution then increasing the resolution ay cause in loss of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom