Creating new user account with no startup programs. HOW??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
I am using Windows xp pro... I wnt to create a new user account for gaming 'cause in my account I always have to exit antivirus software and firefall before playing games.... I wnt no startup programs and also wnt to disable some of the services of windows xp in tht user account only...

Is this possible in windows xp....I wnt startup items to only be disable in tht account only... not in my user account.....

Reply Soon...

hafees

In the zone
I think you need to install another Windows XP. and customize as u like. That is what i did. The advantage is if something goes wrong you can always re install without worrying about any loss of your documents or programs. And you can also experiment it with by turning off services that you dont need. I have stopped most of the services (Administrative tools ) - only 4 or 5 are necessary services- and using this for gaming and DivX encoding. So a similar setup would be nice.

But I think complete customization of startup programs and services for each and every user is impossible. Some of them may be customized.

ishaan

Padawan
u can try this out.

make the new user id

go to START>RUN and type

msconfig

there go on the STARTUP tab and remove whatever u want and click OK

then restart the pc but login in ur old id. if that user id is also affected, jus go back and undo the changes - tick the startup items again.

but if its fine, all well n good.

u can also try this in another id:

go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon and enable 'Do not process the run once list'.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
No ishaan it doesnt work I also tried it long ago but it dint work for me to disable ZA it neva showed up in both logins if u desable it. So dood u hafta live with it and I also do it man u just cant do anything abt unless of course u install another copy of win xp

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
see wat u want can be achieved... but a different user acc is nt necessary
u need 2 create a new hardware profile

rite clik on my comp and go to harware tab, then select hardware profiles
create a new hardware profile and name it gamin or wuteva ya like...

now open Services (start>run.. type services.msc ) and rite clik on a service.. say for example True Vector Internet Monitor (service of zone alarm) .. duble clik on it 2 go to its properties.. now in the log on tab u can select 'gaming' profile and set the behaviour of the service... that is, startup type shud b selected as disabled

long ago it was given on digit...

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Dood r u sure coz I was taught that h/w profiles only distinguish between hardware listings and not the startup services so if ya tried it pls tell me so that I also can give it a try.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
i tried it long ago... it worked.
during or before windows boot u ll be asked 2 select between profiles... if u select 'xxxxx' profile then windows ll load wid only those services which u hav set as automatic startup in that profile

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
Generic Superhero said:
see wat u want can be achieved... but a different user acc is nt necessary
u need 2 create a new hardware profile

rite clik on my comp and go to harware tab, then select hardware profiles
create a new hardware profile and name it gamin or wuteva ya like...

now open Services (start>run.. type services.msc ) and rite clik on a service.. say for example True Vector Internet Monitor (service of zone alarm) .. duble clik on it 2 go to its properties.. now in the log on tab u can select 'gaming' profile and set the behaviour of the service... that is, startup type shud b selected as disabled

long ago it was given on digit...

Man this sould WorK....I will chk it .....Can anybody tell me which worthless services or programs running in system..also is there any tweak or program to increase gaming in windows...or something else...

*img459.imageshack.us/img459/9739/task4dg.jpg

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ya raven i also know that only coz if u diable services it gets applied to the all users grp any ideas how to stop specific user services.

choudang

Padawan
i think, first we have to create one profile with all the permission and rights. after creating user, then apply that profile to that user.
in my office, the IT guys always done it. they have few profiles in the server, they just created new user and apply the profile.

we can't disable the services, because it will go for all users. we have to go with profiles, when profile will get loaded, the services are disable automaticaly for that user.

i'm just sending my opinion. i'm not sure about that.

*services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/Q0uQGVutrP05jChumhiS/A%2BgIgdQ%3D/R01haWw%3D/0/image.png
*services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/ucIMZzewKm0LRJRg0eOl/WYkO4lI%3D/SG90bWFpbA%3D%3D/0/image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom