Creating IPB forums for FREE like phpBB for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!
I wanted to know does IPB also provide FREE service like phpBB provides?
I mean like phpBB allows us to create forums for FREE.
*www.phpbbforfree.com/

Is there ne link, from where we can also create IPB forums for free in similar manner as in phpBB for free...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Yes.
IPB 1.3 is totally free. IPB 2.0 trial is also free (with restrictions) and also you have that "Trail" at the bottom of the board (but you can remove it :p). IPB 2.0X is not free and is paid.

Why can't you install it on your own, by this way, you get many features that may be disabled when go for "readymade forums".

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
One more thing!
Can we upgrade the version of these boards (both phpBB and IPB) in the FREE service?

I mean the board I created using the link mentioned by Nemesis, has version 1.3 and the latest is 2.0 or something like that.
So can we upgrade to it withour buying license?
Same for phpBB for free also?

theraven

Technomancer
im sure IPB 1.3 isnt available for download unless its on a server providin free IPB
which i think the above link is

no u cannot upgrade since upgraded versions are pay
only 2.0.0 is a free TRIAL .... as grudge has said

drgrudge

Yeah, raven said it. We cant upgrade for free. But trust me, it's way better than phpBB.

From 1.3 you can upgrade to 2.0 Trial (with restrictions).

crashuniverse

In the zone
yes, very much like phpBB u can install directly on server instead of installing it on ur machine and then using it as per ur need.

but i m not 100% sure abt that. cos if someone needs to test the scripts, he needs to use it at offline mode only running with php n mysql servers running in bg.

drgrudge

^^
vB is $180 and even the paid version of IPB is less than that and phpBB's price is unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom