creating auto recover CD for windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
& thats the reason i hate Branded PC's.

if you insert those recovery Disks for recovery, whatever partitions you created gets DELETED, so if your XP goes kaput, samjho sab 'data' gaya Kaam se:D

abhijangda

Padawan
Yes, u can create a auto recover cd for xp. First you need to copy all of the files of xp cd into your computer say C:\winxp. Then go to support\tools folder and there you will find a deploy.cab open it and extract all of the files of it then run setupmgr.exe. Click next. Then click on Create a new answer file and click next. Then click Windows Uattended installation and click next. Then click on the Windows XP Home, Pro which one you are having. Here I have Winxp pro. Then Click next. Then click fully automated and click next. Then click No, this answer file will be used to install from a CD and click next. Then click I accept the terms of license agreement and click next then provide all the information which it asks from you. In the end save it as winnt.sif on desktop and click OK. Then it will tell you whether creating was succesfull or not. Copy this winnt.sif and winnt.bat file to C:\winxp\i386 folder. Download bbie.zip from here. Then extract this to folder say C:\bbie.
Then open command prompt Then type:
cd bbie10
Then insert your Winxp Bootable CD, wait for 30 seconds and then type:
bbie x:
here x is your CD-ROM drive. You must repalce it with your Cd-Rom drive letter.
You can use Nero Burning Rom to make your CD. To do this first install and then open Nero Burning ROM. Click on CD-ROM(Boot) (to get this you have to click on Close Wizard). Then in right side click on "image" Then go to C:\bbie10\. In files types click on all files. Then click on image1.bin and then click open. In downside change "Harddisk Emulation" to "No Emulation". Delete "Nero Boot Loader" and change no. of load sector from 1 to 4. and then click new. Copy all the files of C:\winxp then click on burn it here change Track at Once to Disk at Once. Then click Write. Wait untill burn process completed. Now you have made you Windows XP Auto Recover CD. violla!! Alternatively you can also use Windows Unatended CD Creator.

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
& thats the reason i hate Branded PC's.

if you insert those recovery Disks for recovery, whatever partitions you created gets DELETED, so if your XP goes kaput, samjho sab 'data' gaya Kaam se:D
what? are u sure it deletes all the HDD data?

@ abhijangda: thanks.although if what s18000 rpm says is true, it would be a wasted effort...

abhijangda

Padawan
No, it doesn't delete the partition my friend blackleopard92. But it will repair your current windows. s18000rpm is wrong.

S

SE><IE

I suppose you told him how to created an unattended installation disc. This isn't what he's looking for.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
abhijangda said:
No, it doesn't delete the partition my friend blackleopard92. But it will repair your current windows. s18000rpm is wrong.
i'm not wrong dude, i said so coz i have a Branded PC- HP Pavilion Desktop.
the PC came with pre-loaded XP Home Edition & two XP Recovery DVDs.

once my XP went kaput:D (some virus problem, back then i was a noob*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/blush.gif), so i did the Recovery stuff.
there's only two options when the Disk run, one is to
Standard Recovery- thru HDD just re-installs over present XP, no data loss.
& the other is
Full Recovery- all data is lost, the PC is set back to Factory settings.

the first option did not work (also i cud not boot into safe mode), so i had to go for second option.:(

it took 5 hours*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/shock.gif for full recovery process to finish the job.

gsmsikar

Journeyman
yaar
y dont u make a GHOST image of ur installed XP partition using norton ghost ....
and thats it..
isse achha option nahin ho sakta ...

and next time just 10 to 15 min all u need to install the image ...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
gsmsikar said:
yaar
y dont u make a GHOST image of ur installed XP partition using norton ghost ....
and thats it..
isse achha option nahin ho sakta ...

and next time just 10 to 15 min all u need to install the image ...
With R-Drive Image total installation time is 5 minutes max.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom