• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Creating an internet connection in VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I've set up a virtual machine using VirtualBox. Now, how can I set up an internet connection so that I can access the net on my virtual os?

It should detect the ethernet port automatically (and is generally active, so just fire up your browser) . Otherwise set it up using pppoeconf (sorry, forgot the exact term, refer to your Ubuntu thread :D)
Also, remember to keep networking on when setting up the Virtual Machine (or just enable it after setting it up) :)

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
No that won't work. I need to know how to configure the VM to allow internet access. It has something to do with configuring a virtual network adaptor in VirtualBox.

It's been more than 8-9 months sice I used VirtualBox so I dont remember. I just recollect that I had enabled Networking while setting up the drive (along with the bootable image) and the virtual device (running Mandriva) automatically connected to the net on start-up.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I have a XP host and guest. I'm running a dataone under PPPOE, and enabled networking while setting up. Now internet works under the guest too. I didnt do anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom