Create new profile in XP ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
wanna Create new profile in XP as my old 1 is corrupted [due 2 crash\hanging] ......

how do copy my data from old 1 ?

& will i lose my software settings 2 ?

& virus def ?

V

vaibhavtek

start > contol panel > user accounts > Create a new account.

and to copy content open the folder from My Computer [by going on directory] and copy and paste it in My Document of new made profile.
or use MS DOS.
best method is My Computer one as it will save a lots of time.

hope it helps...

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
thanx 4 reply ...... bt something imp is missing ....... its not just a account \ profile bt many settings 2 .......

& how 2 repair xp theme ? am only getting classic 1 ..... original blue theme is gone ........

even from my new profile ...... how 2 get it back ?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
To recover the default XP theme (also called as Luna theme), the following solutions can be used:-
1 Start the Themes Service: Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and press Enter key to open the Services window. Here, navigate to Themes service, and right-click on it and select Properties, and make sure that the Start Up type is set to Automatic. And if the service is stopped, click the Start button to start it.

2 Locate the Luna.theme file manually: Right click on the desktop and choose Properties. On the Themes tab, choose the Browse... option. Next browse and locate the file C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme and apply this as theme.

3 Luna.theme file not present: If Luna.theme file itself is not present, then it has to be restored back. Download this Zip file (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/Resources.zip) from Kelly’s Korner, and then extract the contents of this file to C:\Windows directory. Then, apply this theme as given in previous step.

4 Registry fix: If the above steps do not solve the problem, then there is a chance of changes in the default Registry values related to Themes. Download http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restorethemes.reg Registry fix from Kelly’s Korner, and merge it with the Registry. Restart the computer to make the changes to take effect.

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
@cool_techie_tvm ...... thanx frd ..... that problem is solved ......

bt still i find due 2 1 crash whole on my windows just shook like heaven [i trust in hell] .....

it just made changes 2 ie temp files, oe, profiles of ff & opera, some games etc ....

repair se bhi kuch nahi change .... mayb registry is also @ faulty ......

seems like i have 2 format & again mount my ghost image .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom