CRC error

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
from the day before yesterday, i have gone with CRC error. i have some game CDs, when i trying to install, after sometime it comes with a error
CRC ERROR: x/x/xx.......... file is not match with the setup file ......... .... .. contact your ..... .... ..

how can i solve that prob, some the games are new.... like 1 week old and surface of the CDs are also fine, the files are copied to HDD easily without any prob......

phatratt

In the zone
CRC or Cyclic Retundancy Code error occurs when CD is not properly recorded,this type of error even if the cd is scratchless.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
u may just try to copy the content to ur hdd before actually running the setup or try the same cd's in friend's rom. If nothing works..cd prolly gone wrong.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
but, the qns is, when i installed Max Payne 2 in November it was a clean installtion, but yesterday.. i got that error.... forget about other 3 games.... those are new... but what about MP2.. first time it was clean but second .. got the CRC...

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm see prolly this can happen if the cd has gone bad or is ur disk. Y not try em in diff cdroms?

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
may be either the cd has grown scratches, or the cd rom require cleaning.

but as these are copied cleanly , try installing from the hard disk

if u are authorised to do this, u can also make virtual cds in expert mode and try mounting them on a virtual drive

C

cybermanas

either ur cd has got scratches on it's surface or ur cd-rom is faulty.Try cleaning the lens of cd-rom

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
m trying to install it frommy HDD, the error is follows....
Code:
CRC error: The file D:\Rockstar Games\Max Payne 2\MP2_Levels_A.ras does not match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium  from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact youe software vendor

*: If my CD is damaged, i won't be able to copied all the files to my HDD.

*: if my cd-rom is faulty, how ome it reads other files without prob.

*. i have installed from same media on last November, that was a clean one.

i have a question: How can we extract the contents of a Setup file? like nVidia setup, you can extract the files to HDD.

Kniwor

Learner
yeah itś cyclic redundancy check,

u can use ¨isobuster¨ to get thise files,burn it on another CD and see if it helps

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
There is no way that u can get setup to work if u get crc even after copying them to hdd. Successful copying to HDD indicates that there is no problem watsoever with the disk. The problem somehow got created during packing the file to cd or writing the file. Only way out if..... get another cd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom