Status
Not open for further replies.
my CPU (AMD Sempron 2400+ n not overclocked) tempertures most often crosses 60 deg celsius and mother board tempertaures around 40 deg celsius.
Is that okay? my friends say that this not okay and it should be well below 55 deg. celsius normally.
what should i do to reduce the temperatures?

Baroon

Broken In
Ya, this is abnormal. The temperature must have been less than what It's showing now. First you should check for the heatsink and fan installed on the CPU. The dust, accumulated on the heatsink and fan , generally block the heat from escaping, so it must be clean. Moreover the cabinet must not be in cozy corner of the room. In my opnion adjust your table few more inches away from wall. You must have extra fan in your cabinet, which I think you have, if not installed. Get your cabinet clean from some professional to get rid of all that dust which might have accumulated on motherboard and other parts. You could also do that yourself if you're comfortable. :)

legolas

Padawan
yes, 60 is relatively big... jus clean the processor attached fan... shud do the thing. i hav same prbs when not cleaned fro long time. do u hav the cabinet closed? how long do u hav ur system on?

/legolas

::cyborg::

In the zone
also when cleaning dont touch the processor or u will leave it unusable and also apply some heat sink paste with a bud i say but dont touch its pins hold it from the sides

OP
P

pratheesh_prakash

Broken In
and please tell me the normal temperatures.... n I forgot I am from kerala...n the temperatutre is pretty hot now a days. and that might also be the problem.

Please tell me the optimum temperature...or the maximum limit.

I

invisible

pratheesh_prakash said:
and please tell me the normal temperatures.... n I forgot I am from kerala...n the temperatutre is pretty hot now a days. and that might also be the problem.

Please tell me the optimum temperature...or the maximum limit.
what motherboard do use?Give its Model.
If it is ASUS A7V400-MX then many users have the same problem with sempron series of Procesors on this mobo.
Many users have 64C as the starting temperature.U can post for help in the ASUS forum.IF not adding Chasis Fan will help u a lot.
THe optimum temperature should be 45C and maximum should be 69C. for sempron CPU.
ANd also dont forget to run the computer by keeping the cabinet open.It will help to keep the temperature down to a some extent.

phatratt

In the zone
is u'r processor fan running at right RPM????
How many fans dou have in u'r cabinet???
Try to fit atleast 2 fans(one for intake and the other for exhaust)
If it is still hot then open the cabinet while running the pc.

OP
P

pratheesh_prakash

Broken In
as per ASUS probe my cpu fan is running at a speed of 3400 rpm.
well my MB is ASUS A7V400-MX SE...
I also have a chassis fan, and I keep the cabinet open while running. Though after some minor cleaning I was able to reduce the temp near 55 deg celsius.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
oops.. my friend has also got same cpu with ASus A7V400 MX mobo.
He also gets starting temp 65C. I going to his house in 2 days to clean the cabinate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom