cpu cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish_dsc

Right off the assembly line
I have bought intel P4 3.0 ghz processor with Intel 915G Board with microtek cabinet. The problem is of cpu cooling. the temp. of cpu remains aroung 60 when idle and shoots 70+ when doing some work. When i told my assembler he says that this temperature is normal with this cpu and i shouldn't worry.

I have installed one extra fan in the cabinet but i don't feel it's changing the environment. On the back side of the cabinet there is no more space to add fanes nor on the side pane. Moreover side pane doesn't have the small holes which i think is the culprit. but even when cabinet is kept open temperature goes down by 1-2 c. what should i do to bring cpu temperature to around 45 degree ?

Thanx

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well for once the dealer is correct your CPU temps are normal. And its almost impossible to bring it down to 45 degrees! Unless you use liquid cooling mate! The intel P4 series are known to run at high temperatures.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
My friend got a p4 3.0Ghz and his processor idles at around 52c and under max load 60c ... u should really think of ways for more ventiallation in the cabinet ....

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm what`s the temp.. when you keep your case open with a desk fan blowing air into it??
hmm my athlon reaches 70 degrees under full load!!
but with a cabinet fan installed the temp doesnt go above 52 even at full load.. i dunno how and why. but man am i glad for the temp reduction.. lol

rohanbee

Padawan
ashish_dsc said:
I have bought intel P4 3.0 ghz processor with Intel 915G Board with microtek cabinet. The problem is of cpu cooling. the temp. of cpu remains aroung 60 when idle and shoots 70+ when doing some work. When i told my assembler he says that this temperature is normal with this cpu and i shouldn't worry.

Dude i have the same config as you. Thank the lord that you did not have to face a burn out. Onr processor of mine fizzled out like that :cry:. Fortunately i have a good rapport with the distribuitor and he replaced mine. 70 is too much still. Have you updated your winXP with service pack2, supposedly there is some problem with some driver as well. Update your bios with the latest from the intel website.

ashish_dsc said:
I have installed one extra fan in the cabinet but i don't feel it's changing the environment. On the back side of the cabinet there is no more space to add fanes nor on the side pane. Moreover side pane doesn't have the small holes which i think is the culprit. but even when cabinet is kept open temperature goes down by 1-2 c. what should i do to bring cpu temperature to around 45 degree ?
Thanx

The extra fan is pretty useless, but if you have spent money let it be !!! If there are no holes then leave the cabinet open and see if it makes a difference. Use a large tower cabinet inorder for the sir to circulate quickly. Cluttered cpu's also tend to drive up heat.

Do this and let me know if it makes a difference?
cheers :)

sumitava_b

In the zone
same opinion. get a big cabinet, keep it open. If you have a table fan (yeah, i am talking about a big fan, not those small cabinet fans) put it to throw air on the cabinet directly. I found it very useful.

And lastly.......try to get an AC :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom