CPU Cooling Options in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Hi All,

Does anybody know about decent CPU cooling solutions available in India. I can cross 3.5 Ghz but CoreTemp is an issue, I can't find any brand for CPU cooling in india, thought loads are available at newegg. Any suggestions......

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I think you can find only models by Zalman and Coolermaster at Nehru Place in Delhi cuz they are available in only one shop in the whole of Kolkata, Alpha Tech, the distributors of Antec here. But do not expect advanced models. People do not normally overclock here. Hence this scarcity. But I think if you investigate at Nehru Place thoroughly, you can find some coolers for CPU and GPU.

Otherwise your only option left is to add some case fans (80mm and 120mm) to your cabinet.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
mmmm I already have 4 fans in my cab(2 for intake and 2 for exhaust), I need a proper cpu cooler coz my core temp crosses 75 under 100% load when OC to 3.5.Right now its like 50 under normal conditions, keeping in mind that its winters we are talking about. I guess I have to fight for decent cooling solution.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
digitized said:
I think you can find only models by Zalman and Coolermaster at Nehru Place in Delhi cuz they are available in only one shop in the whole of Kolkata, Alpha Tech, the distributors of Antec here. But do not expect advanced models. People do not normally overclock here. Hence this scarcity. But I think if you investigate at Nehru Place thoroughly, you can find some coolers for CPU and GPU.

Otherwise your only option left is to add some case fans (80mm and 120mm) to your cabinet.

I know i am writing some off-topic question here, but can you tell me where in kolkata i found Antec Smps ?.....Please give me the shop address(street address,phone no....etc), I need it very badly....you mention Alpha tech...is it shop? are they willing to sell 1pcs of smps or they only distribute in bulk....please reply

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
its alwez advisable to put in more coolin solutions even if u doubt u shud...it wont harm but surely save u frm gettin harmed...i use extra fans fr my 1.8ghz intel cpu just coz its temps rise up at higher loads esp in heavy summers in my place...

Enjoy~!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
dissel said:
I know i am writing some off-topic question here, but can you tell me where in kolkata i found Antec Smps ?.....Please give me the shop address(street address,phone no....etc), I need it very badly....you mention Alpha tech...is it shop? are they willing to sell 1pcs of smps or they only distribute in bulk....please reply

You can contact Mr.Pranay Agarwal at 9830045322. He owns Alfa Tech. The shop is near Jyoti cinema hall at Lenin Sarani. I had bought my SLK 3000B cabinet from there around 4-5 months back. The complete address is:

Alfa Tech
G-48, Kamlalaya Centre, Ground Floor,
156, Lenin Sarani, Kolkata 700013

Ph: 22157901, 22537692, 9830045322

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Man I cant find a single brand for cooling solutions in India, Zalman and coolermaster may be available but I see none of their distributers in India. Seems like I have to go for a shop to shop fight in this case.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I also was looking for a good cpu cooler but was unable to find one. So at last had to buy from newegg, my elder bro had sent it for me. So if u can then get it from abroad...not much good options available here.

Or u could try finding this: *www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=...=+RL-MUA-E8U1 / EBU1+AQUAGATE Mini R80 / R120 As one of my friend bought this from chennai.....so must be available in Delhi. Try finding one. Cost around 5-6K.

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
john_the_ultimate said:
I also was looking for a good cpu cooler but was unable to find one. So at last had to buy from newegg, my elder bro had sent it for me. So if u can then get it from abroad...not much good options available here.

Or u could try finding this: *www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=...=+RL-MUA-E8U1 / EBU1+AQUAGATE Mini R80 / R120 As one of my friend bought this from chennai.....so must be available in Delhi. Try finding one. Cost around 5-6K.

Thanks mate I will try that out. Is it effective coz 5-6 K seems a bit expensive....though the product looks good.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Sam did u find any cooling solution, my comp has started already at 65° (not yet OCed ) I dont know what will happen in may/june.

Ch@0s

In the zone
In case you folks are interested, www.sidewindercomputers.com ships to india at pretty reasonable rates. You can pay using paypal. All my cooling hardware comes from there. They carry Scythe, Thermalright and Swiftech - the biggest names in cooling.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
sam9s said:
Hi All,

Does anybody know about decent CPU cooling solutions available in India. I can cross 3.5 Ghz but CoreTemp is an issue, I can't find any brand for CPU cooling in india, thought loads are available at newegg. Any suggestions......

What cabinet ru using ?? it matter quite a lot ..

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Cabinet and resulting ambients really won't matter for max load temperatures... at most 1-2 degrees. It'll only improve idle temps.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Ch@0s said:
^^Cabinet and resulting ambients really won't matter for max load temperatures... at most 1-2 degrees. It'll only improve idle temps.

Hmm .. really ?? Coz a friend of mine had a 10c drop in load temps when he moved from a Ibal Grab-It cab. to a Antec PlusView II !!!

OP
sam9s

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
ranjan2001 said:
Sam did u find any cooling solution, my comp has started already at 65° (not yet OCed ) I dont know what will happen in may/june.

No not much, I too am waiting for Summers. Saving till then. Probably I would go for coolermaster, but I am surprised you are reaching 65 without OC. I am still at 52 53 with 80% OCed to 3.3 ghz. Which tool are you using to measure. Use Intels TAT the most trusted one. You can downoad it from here......

*shintai.ambition.cz/files/tat.exe

Run it and report the temp........

As I mentioned cab is pretty decent, Zebronics PEACE. Has 4 fans. 2 at the side, one at the top for intake and one at the back. Its pretty ventilated cab if you ask me. Neeway its not now I am worried, its in the summers when delhi reached 45 thats when i have to go with water cooling if I have to stay at 3.3 or try pumping more..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom