couple of nfs u2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit_biz

Broken In
can anybody tell me how to pay our own tracks on nfs u2. secondly my computer"s configs r:
intel pentium 4 1.7 GHz
40 GB HDD
256 MB SD ram
GeForce fx 128 Ram
but still the game doesnt run smooth

sahil_blues

In the zone
dude i have a Geforce Fx 5200, 512 mb ram, 3 ghz HT processor....but the game still didnt run smoothly....i then had to disable Antialiasing & motion blur to run it properly....since i have an LCD, only one resolution is the clearest (1024X768)....so i have to use this res only....u can try running the game at lower resolutions....

do you want the source of custom tracks or the method of playing them??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Dude i hv an nVIDIA GE Force FX 5200 (256 MB DDR RAM) graphics card on an intel D865 GBF mobo with 256 MB DDR RAM (266 Mhz) and 40 GB HDD, but the game runs smooth like a butter on my System :wink:

In the graphics options,ry lowering the Antialiasing and other graphics rich options, slao tyr running the game at 800x600 resolution,U will hv to personally and manually figure it out wich settings work for ur system...

ALso make sure no backgroung tasks r running like an antivirus scan or a firewall or even a wallpaper.

Do post in ur results after doin sum troubleshoooting by urself on the game...

cheers n peace.....

OP
A

ankit_biz

Broken In
IVE GOT GFX 5200, ive turned offf all the graphic options including level of detail, run it at 640x480 but it still doesnt play smoothly

sahil_blues

In the zone
ankit_biz said:
IVE GOT GFX 5200, ive turned offf all the graphic options including level of detail, run it at 640x480 but it still doesnt play smoothly

hmm....dude that shouldnt happen.....we 2 have the same graphics card.....i am running the game at FULL graphics at 1024X768 settings except that AntiAliasing and Motion Blur are switched off....it has to be with ur RAM.....

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I ve got Gfx 5600 Ultra..still at higher details (at 800x600 res).. the game does not run smoothly... I hve to keep the details to medium with shadows/fog etc advanced features turned off.. then only the game plays smoothly... and I suppose sahil_blues is correct.. I hv 1 GB DDR 266 RAM with a 5400 rpm HDD..this may be causing the performance hindrance...

mamba

In the zone
install the latest nvidia drivers

cant say nething else . should run smoothly on ur config

also , try keeping both the windows resolution n that of ur game same . might help

Hey. Geforce FX 5200 8X AGP is enough to play nfsug2. I think there is some problem in your driver or in your system. Repair your system , I am sure that you will enjoy Nfsug2 with yor current card.

possible cause: --->Directx problem
note: fx 5200 is directx9 compitible card.
--->Driver problem
note: Install your latest driver
--->RAM problem.
--->BIOS problem
note: check AGP textured memory in vedio a configuration in BIOS utility.

anuraag_01

Broken In
take this....i am running a 'celeron 1.7' (yes...where can i hide my face??) with fx5200 128 mb and 512mb ram and the game runs smooth with everything on except fsaa.

i guess u should get the basic right- the commandments for gamers:

* latest drivers
* quit all apps while launching games( things in ur sys tray)
* selectively adjust detail level to have a balance between eye-candy and performance
* and finally- defrag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom