Counterstrike 1 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I have counterstrike 1 I would like to know which is the latest version of counterstrike and also from where I can download the updates.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Counterstrike in it's latest avaatar comes as Counter Strike 1.6. To play this version, it's mandatory that you have Steam installed on your system.

As you might know, Steam is Valve's content delivery system. So it also acts as a media through which you can update the game. Whenever you start the game, you will have to login through Steam and then it will automatically download and update the game with the latest patches. It goes without saying that you will also need a valid CD key to play on the Steam servers.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Hmmm...it should work. have you got it registered with Steam? Download Steam client, create and account and then register your CD key with it. Remember, your CD key will be permanently binded with that particular account. After that, when you start Steam with your account, it will show the games that you can play under "My Games" or something like that category. Now its a simple matter of upgrading the game to 1.6 and then playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom