Couldn't resume from stand-by

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahratla

Journeyman
My computer cannot resume when in stand-by mode. While the monitor can resume by itself (though blank screen), I have to manually press the restart button of the cabinet to boot/load the system. Why is this so? Earlier it was not like this.

digitizen

Journeyman
dude this could be your problem

SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to resume your computer from Standby mode, the computer may not wake up.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the following two conditions both exist:
• Advanced Power Management (APM) is enabled in the Power Options tool in Control Panel.
• Your computer's BIOS is configured to suspend your computer and the time-out value is less than the value configured in the Power Options tool in Control Panel.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, configure the time-out settings in the Power Options tool in Control Panel so that they are for a shorter time than the APM time-out settings in your computer's BIOS. To view or modify these settings in Control Panel, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Power Options.

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
Thanks for your reply.

There is no such APM in the BIOS or Power Options.

When my the mouse while the system is on standy-by, the power resumes and the green led (Power) also resumes to glow while the red led (HDD) glows (not flashes/blinks) only for a very short period. The monitor also remains blank.

Besides, sometimes when I try to restart the system or resume from the screensaver or power saving mode (hard disk and monitor instead of screensaver), the system shutsdown itself (not a proper shutdown). And to turn the system on again, I have to interchange the sockets where I have inserted the SMPS plug and the Monitor plug or restart the UPS. It is only after this that I can turn on the system again.

What do I do now?

D

Digitall Charisma

May be your devices are not configured properly. I mean Right Click on 'my computer' go to properties-->Advanced tab-->Device Manager-->[Go to the properties of the specific device]-->Here in one of the tabs you will see a checkbox which says "Allow this device to bring the computer out of stand-by".
May be it won't work but just try it.

Digitall Charisma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom