cost of shipping from USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Hi all,

I am going to buy a 6800GS/7600GT PCI-E graphics card ...

In Kolkata ( where I stay ) XFX brand is going to cost me 13000/- to 15000/-

I saw in Tigerdirect.com and Zipzoomfly.com that similar cards cost $170 to $200 ... so I was wondering whether to buy it from here or ship it from USA ...

Can anybody tell me what is the procedure for shipping to India? :confused:

I am not really comfortable giving my credit card no.s online ... :-|

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Can't be done unless you clear it with customs first and pay the import duty. Believe me it's going to be a waste of time. Unless someone can personally get it for you, just buy it from here and save yourself a lot of trouble.

varkey

Journeyman
the customs duty is very high. its abt 35-40%. also a shipping costs will be abt 30-50$ depending on which company u choose.
so its gonna be a waste.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. after paying up the import tax and customs ... it'll cost u more or less the same .. and take a hell lot longer. .. i think u can get it for better support here ....

khansdream

Journeyman
The CIF(Carriage/Insurance/Frieght) will be more than 150% of actual cost of Card. Additionally, you need to pay some custom duty to Indian Govt. Being an export manager I know the procedures. Its really tough.
I suggest you to go for a local one, it would be cheaper than imported electronics, and you will get service too.

magnet

Youngling
royal if somone gets it for u...then its fine........this shipping +customs sukc big time...ull pay almost same or mor+no warranty for buying stuffs frm us....so better find a relative in usa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom