cost of a Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Ahem...friends this time I have a very humble request :oops:

Can you please let me know the approx price of a power drill along with the necessary drill bit sets ?

its something like this...

*cgi.ebay.in/Combo-Offers-Drill-Mac...6183358QQihZ021QQcategoryZ50207QQcmdZViewItem

I need a decent powered thing , not the ultra cheap imitation ones :)

One more thing, can I fit a hole saw in this ? :confused:

acewin

Point Blanc
atleast do not buy that from ebay.
Go and check in your local market you will get good Drills
I bought one Alpha Drill(alpha is the name of the company) in Rs 750 and bought drill bits for concrete and steel I think, though there was already few bits in the drill box for steel and wood, because the bits in it were cheap. Buy separate bits will cost you 25-40 of each one according to the dia. You would use 2-5 mm of bits alot in general. Buy above 6 mm one or two piece and that two only if needed to make that big hole

Besides this you can also look for Electrex and Bosch certainly there price would be high.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Thanks acewin...I wasn't going to buy from eBay either. It is just for reference :)

Can I know the specs for your machine, please ? (like wattage etc.)

And is it possible to fit a hole-saw in this?

No one else owns a drill ??? :confused::(

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
What's this bro...........now u r after a drilling machine :D BTW, buy the drill locally and also there isn't much choice, since most would be local brands.
One that I would want to recommend would be this *www.telebrandsindia.com/Telebrands India - Rotomatic.asp
It's a rip-off of dremel........found in the US. One of my friends is using it and is very satisfied with the quality n performance.
Are you thinking of modding your cabby?

acewin

Point Blanc
will check when I go hope. I have myself forgotten the exact wattage and all.

well local brands are good makes, not chinese products, they are ultra crap. the circuitry may go bad nytime.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
What's this bro...........now u r after a drilling machine :D Are you thinking of modding your cabby?

Not exactly, I need it from time to time for some daily household chores.:)

Like I pointed out earlier, the CM334 is on a tempoarary basis. I might have to move somewhere else and I dont plan to carry the cabby with me. :(

However my next cabby's gonna be a CM690 or better and I would be definitely be modding that case to my heart's content:D I will be getting dremel/jigsaw/holesaw at that time :D

Regarding the rotomatic...well, I am afraid I have read some very bad reviews in the net so I am kind of suspicious :(. Besides for that kind of money I can get a BOSCH drill :smile: and basically I need a drill only at this time.

acewin

Point Blanc
do not buy Bosch, I would say not much of a worth n use, you are not a mechanic using everyday.
I checked my drill's specs, 2600 rpm and 300W:rolleyes:
Model name is Alpha A6103 Electrical drill 10 mm
Voltage 220~(AC input)
Frequency 50-60Hz
Input 300W
No-Load speed 2600 RPM.

:eek:Drill can handle anything which needs automatic rotation, has dia of the rod max 10 mm. So if the holesaw has base anything around 8mm would be good. with firm holding and pushing you can make big holes, as there is a blocker to have continous rotation without keeping the button pressed.:cool:

But for making upto 10 mm holes you can put drillbits. same would be for Bosch or Electrex, both are for real ultra high users who just keep on making holes non-stop:D, there would be some drills with hammering also. but hammering affects the drill, so if u need hammering in ur drill then get the Bosch or Electrex.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Me also got one drill (local brand) for 700/- like two years ago. It came with 8 drill bits set and till now is working flawlessly. So just got to any shop and try out different drills and you will be able to tell the difference instantly.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
A friend has agreed to lend me his drill (bought from telebrands) so dont think I need to buy one immediately ;)

Today went to Nandi's shop in chandni market (its a well known/big shop) and found that there are drills worth Rs. 600/1200/1750. I also asked about hole saws and found that they come in sets that would cost around Rs. 800 :(

BTW, bought a 3 mm drill bit for Rs. 14 :cool:

acewin

Point Blanc
good going, you should have check the brands of the drill they were suggesting.
Though the 600 one would have also been good for you. And do not go for the well known good shop, try searching in other shops also. Anything less than 1K is ok.
But as you have got help for the drill search for hole saws

the price of the drill bit is good. as the dia increases they will be costlier.
But anyhow we do not need more than 5mm drill bits.

Use your friends drill, would also give you the understanding of how good the telebrands drill is.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
good going, you should have check the brands of the drill they were suggesting.
Though the 600 one would have also been good for you. And do not go for the well known good shop, try searching in other shops also. Anything less than 1K is ok.
But as you have got help for the drill search for hole saws

the price of the drill bit is good. as the dia increases they will be costlier.
But anyhow we do not need more than 5mm drill bits.

Use your friends drill, would also give you the understanding of how good the telebrands drill is.

Even I wanted to check but I was not going to buy at that time hence did not ;)

Price of hole saws seemed steep :(

And telebrands one seems good...its a heavy one of 500W capacity and 2800 RPM with hammering action and variable speed.Lets see how well it is in action :p

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@royal... Sorry for hijacking the thread :(

Im a noobie in these things but I also need drilling tools? I need to make such holes frequently in home from wood to metal and concrete too.... What would you guys suggest me? I know nothing about it; absolutely nothing. :neutral:

acewin

Point Blanc
using hammering makes the drill bad, that is what the shopkeeper had told and I too had thought.
@Iron as you see the specs royal said of the Telebrand one, I would say they are high not just good enough and with hammering function it will be even better while drilling concrete.

and not just you me too m noobie in this, certainly not someone drilling walls n beds all time :D :p

@royal what was the cost of the telerbrand one.

even the Bosch one had 400W machine.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
check this...

Impact Tool

costs nearly Rs 3000 but it has got several other things. Did I forget to mention the drill is reversible and can accommodate bits upto 13mm ? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom