Corrupted Pen Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Hey Frens,
I have Transcend….. Jet Flash 256 MB Pen Drive….. ……Nowadays whenever I try to store data …… it gets corrupted… Hence what is the reason behind this......Can it be prevented……..

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Please download, install and scan your drive with PC Inspector Smart Recovery *www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Right click he drive and select properties.
Go to the tools tab and select Error Checking.
Check both the checkboxes and click on start. (If you have XP, Procedure diff for diff OS)

After that you can also try to format the drive once.

If still nothing works, then try and exchange the drive under warranty.
Transcend provides lifetime warrantee provided you had registered on their website. You need the bill for that though.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
There's a software which even defrags your pen drive(darn, I can't remeber the name properly), but I really don't know if its safe.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
I think 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool' is very useful tool,you can google it and it is a Freeware.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
phreak0utt said:
There's a software which even defrags your pen drive(darn, I can't remeber the name properly), but I really don't know if its safe.

There are many softwares. Even the Default Windows Softwares defragments Pen drives, Diskeeper does, O&O Defrag does.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Hey frens,
when i store a image apart from any data(Doc,PPt, etc...) .......... the image opens like this :0000000000.............. But when i store Any file like doc,ppt.....it is displayed correctly..........
So wht is the reason behind this????????

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Ron said:
Hey frens,
when i store a image apart from any data(Doc,PPt, etc...) .......... the image opens like this :0000000000.............. But when i store Any file like doc,ppt.....it is displayed correctly..........
So wht is the reason behind this????????

Can you provide us with a little more detail? Does the file open or does a read error pop up (0x000000), something like this. Does the image open in Notepad or some Imaging Application?

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
alsiladka said:
Can you provide us with a little more detail? Does the file open or does a read error pop up (0x000000), something like this. Does the image open in Notepad or some Imaging Application?

read error pop up (0x000000)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Copy all the data on your Pen Drive to your hard drive.

Format it once and run a scan disk. See if there is some error on the Drive.

Does it happen with any image file or only one image?

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
alsiladka said:
Copy all the data on your Pen Drive to your hard drive.

Format it once and run a scan disk. See if there is some error on the Drive.

Does it happen with any image file or only one image?

yaa i had tried this before........
It happens to more than 50% of images stored in Pen Drive.....
And Yaa one thing more When i Compress(Zip) the file.....My data doesn't get corrupted.........

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
But i cant see any reason for that to happen.
Try out one more option, instead of opening the files directly from the pen drive, copy the image files to the hard disk and then open it.

Which application do you use to open the images? try opening the images using 2 3 other applications using the open with option. You can try Pictures and Fax viewer , MS Paint, and any other if you want.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Have you recently installed any photo editing/managing software recently that could cause this problem? Recently, I installed Zoner Photo Studio and after that, sometimes my thumb drive gave problems unless I zipped them.

Arun

shantanu

Technomancer
FORMAT YOUR DRIVE AND THEN PLACE AUTOEXEC.bat in it and hide it.. IT WILL GIVE FULL COMPATIBLITY TO YOUR EVERY FILE..

and also give your drive a scan,,

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
@NucleusKore
I am unable to download any software from the net due to connection problem.

@Sakumar79
Key I have installed ArcSoft Panorama Maker 3 and PictureProject…..Is this the reason of corruption?

@santanu
Hey santanu I will try ur method………
===========
Thanks for ur reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom