corrupted NAV deleted...how to clean up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

the NAV [norton antivirus] was corrupt on my PC. there was a virus in NAV folder itself. so i tried to uninstall NAV but the uninstaller was corrupt too...it gave some error msg...i was fed up and delted it using shift+delete. i was able to delete some files by that way and the others gave error "cannot delete make sure the disk is copy protect blah blah". then i installed NOD32. but now whenever i right-click on any file/folder an installer automatically pops up and asks for symantec antivirus disk..i have to keep pressing cancel each and every time i right click...so pls help on how to clean up this mess...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Use XP Tools pro to remove the corrupted NAV's Registry values also. Jus search it on google and u will find it. U can also use Registry Mechanic pro for the purpose.

If the problem still persists, I would personally recommend u to Reinstall the NAV the same way u installed it the first time (b4 it got corrupted) and in the same location and drive as previously then make a clean Uninstallation to remove it successfully :)

Cheers n e-peace....

sree_shan

Broken In
ya ....
i too agree with ashu....
first of all run a good registry cleaning software like tuneup registry cleaner or registry mechanic of PC tools software......
or if u know when the problem was actually started ... then if possible try to restore to the previous (b4 problem was started) ..... as restoring will will bring back the registry settings...

otherwise try reinstalling NAV and then clean uninstall ....

and persionally i suggest u to use avast antivirus which is the best i had ever seen .....

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom