corrupted display properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
when i open display properties ,it shows only 3 tabs ;screensaver,apperance & settings.where are my wallpapers?when i open setting tab ,it is a mix of apperance and settings i.e it shows windows blind also and resolution also.my system is xp.and also instead of login screen i gets older login .i have to press ctrl+alt+del every time.when right click my computer it says"rundll32.exe-entry point not found ;the procedure entry point getversionfromfileex could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVPACK.dll.ther are no comman tasks enabled in the explorer.when i enable it from my computer properties it hangs.please!please!please! help anybody[/img]

saROMan

QA Juggler
Try this

1. Restart the computer in safe mode: a. Restart your computer. While your computer is starting, repeatedly press the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured to run under multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot menu appears.
b. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select an option, and then press ENTER.
c. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom of the screen, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.

2. Open My Computer, and then open the C:\Windows\INF folder.
3. Right-click the sr.inf file, and then click Install.
4. When the installation process has completed, restart the computer.

Extracted from this Page

IF your Mobo is Having NVIDIA Display Adapter see This

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom