Core2Duo OR Core2Quad?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
Hi every1... am ging to upgrade my system. am confused between C2D E8400 and C2Q Q6600... which wil giv me better performance? also suggest a motherboard within 5k which is good in overclocking and has 4 or more sata ports and has e-sata... i dnt need onboad graphics but i dnt mind having one also. so plz giv ur valuable sugestions and replies...

mastermunj

In the zone
please give ur usage for PC too.. that will help us identify best system for u..

if u r more into gaming and entertainments only.. then go for E8400..
and if u run heavy processor oriented applications or processes.. then Q6600..

in 5k range... best mobo is Abit IP35-E..

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
for the mobo the best u can get in ur budget is abit IP35-E for 5.4k.it has everything u need except e-sata.
the choice of procy will depend a lot on wat u'll be using ur pc for.for most apps the E8400 will perform better than Q6600 due to its sheer processing speed (3GHz vs 2.4GHz).
when oc'd to 4GHz perf inc is gr8.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
my main usuage is gaming and multimedia.... wat is the cheap and bestmobo which has e-sata

and wat abt e8200? is e8400 worth 1k more than e8200???

is ther any other mobo with e-sata and 4 sata ports

Last edited:

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
U wnt get esata boards at 5k. Biostar p35 for 4.4k or abit 5.3k. Both r great boards. Abit provides mre stable ovrclks. Get e8400 best 4 ur needs n wrth mre than 1k for e82. For esata get an addon crd;-)

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
i now have e6300. shud upgrading to e8400 give me noticable performance boost... and is there any e-sata mobo within 8k???

Last edited:
P

paranj

E8400 for gaming
Q6600 - not worth $$$ now.

Abit IP35e

ur set for gaming my friend!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H has eSATA port.

You may have to do some search to find boards with eSATA interface the number is very minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom