Core2Duo E8200 2.66GHz running at 2.00 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

minit

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

This is urgent as i have to take a decision.

i have a peculiar problem.

I just procured a new system in my office with:

Intel original DG33FB motherboard
Core2DuoE8200 2.66 GHz Processor with 1333 MHz FSB
4x1GB Transcend DDR2800 RAM.
250 GB seagate SATA HDD

I have not installed any OS or software yet.

In the BIOS, the processor type is shown correctly as Core2DuoE8200@2.66 GHZ but below that, there are some entries like processor speed, system bus speed, memory bus speed etc. in the processor speed entry it is showing only 2.00 GHz instead of 2.66 GHz.

I have not tinkered with any settings in the BIOS. In fact this motherboard does not allow much of tinkering.

I want to know whether this is a problem in all E8200/2.66GHz processors of just that this processor has a problem and needs replacement.

If any one has a similar processor, can u please verify how its speed shows up in the BIOS entries.

Thanks.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
afaik bios reports the max procy speed irrespective of whether EIST is enabled or disabled.
just ty the proccy in a diff mobo

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The proc. and board both are fine. The E8200 has EIST enabled hence at low loads it runs at 2 Ghz. The BIOS reports only 2 Ghz coz its not been updated (and has a build date of Oct. 2007 if I'm correct).

Just download and install the latest BIOS update and it'll correctly identify the proc. speed as 2.66ghz. No worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom