Core2 vs P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
Now, I really do want to go for Core2 Mobo !!!

only thing is... is it too expensive... compared to P4 3 + GHz ?

And if i do go for low priced Core2 (how low should i go?)

there is 1.8 GHz Core 2 (E6300)... is it better than P4 3.6 or something ?

help...

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The slowest Core 2 Duo is better than the fastest P4. If you can't afford a Core 2 Duo get an Athlon64 X2 3600+ NOT a P4.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
there is 1.8 GHz Core 2 (E6300)... is it better than P4 3.6 or something ?

hell yeah !! dont u read the mags.. and other Hardware Review websites... even not ... now days if you go to the market and go to any reputed Hardware shop... u will find now days when one can afford its only Core2Duo what is selling...

whats your budget !! as Core 2 Duo E6300 should fall under 10k ...

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Well images speak thousand words isnt it :)

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/4984/12736rc4.png

The E6300 can easily match a AMD X2 4600+
(the e6300 in red is overclocked)

Full Review @ anandtech

OP
gsoul2soul

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
What about this CPU ?
I went to market today, and found this one... "Intel dual core 3.4"

Is that Core 2 ? (I'm a bit confused)

And the Shop keeper reccomended the motherboard based on "Intel 965 Chipset"

BUT... help my Graphic card is "Geforce 6800 GT" in AGP !!! So do you think there will be AGP Slot? apart from the now standard PCI express ?

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
gsoul2soul said:
What about this CPU ?
I went to market today, and found this one... "Intel dual core 3.4"

Is that Core 2 ? (I'm a bit confused)

And the Shop keeper reccomended the motherboard based on "Intel 965 Chipset"

BUT... help my Graphic card is "Geforce 6800 GT" in AGP !!! So do you think there will be AGP Slot? apart from the now standard PCI express ?

well its a bit confusing as far as the term "dual core" is concerned it means Pentium 4 proc with "dual core".Now P4 procs can go upto "dual core" only.After that no P4 will be manufactured.The next range of Processors to be launched are thus known as Intel "Core2Duo"."Core2Duo" range of processors use less clock speeds (as Intel wanted to stop the GHZ race) instead have higher bus speeds (1066mhz FSB).These procs use lesser power than P4 s and hence run colder and are more efficient.So typically a "Core2Duo" which has a maruti 800's engine is much more efficient than a Ambassador's 1800cc engine....get it.

As far as mobo is concerned if u can splurge then Rs.14.5k will buy u the best mobo from Asus,P5W DH Deluxe.

No offence but with Core2Duo and the Asus P5W DH DLX talking about agp is like sending the Indian Army to fight a battle with axe and swords instead of guns.LOL

sabret00the said:
.So typically a "Core2Duo" which has a maruti 800's engine is much more efficient than a Ambassador's 1800cc engine....get it.

No offence but with Core2Duo and the Asus P5W DH DLX talking about agp is like sending the Indian Army to fight a battle with axe and swords instead of guns.LOL

Exellent comparisions man

I just couldn't stotp my self, saw your rig under construction in your sig.

Why antibiotic and platinum?? antibiotic is too crampy and with that rig you'll need space for overclocking gear like WC and massive coolers.

I'd suggest a zebby Jamaica and Zebby skyhawk 640W.

sabret00the

Youngling
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
Exellent comparisions man

I just couldn't stotp my self, saw your rig under construction in your sig.

Why antibiotic and platinum?? antibiotic is too crampy and with that rig you'll need space for overclocking gear like WC and massive coolers.

I'd suggest a zebby Jamaica and Zebby skyhawk 640W.

DO U ACTUALLY OWN THE CONFIG IN UR SIGNATURE?

HEY HW MUCH DID THE PROC AND THE MOBO COST?WAT's UR REVIEW OF THE MOBO man?

Intel C2D E6600 (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.15500/-)

Asus P5W DH Deluxe (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.14500/-)

2 x Nvidia GeForce 7900GT (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.17000/-each rite nw and waiting to get more info on DX 10 cards)

2 x 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.25000/-each)

20"Viewsonic Wide Screen LCD (I knw CRT's are better and already own a Samsung Syncmaster 955DF CRT for my existing system)

Zebronics Antibiotic (already have this one)

Zeb Platinum 500W PSU (already have this one)

Wud like to call it ma monsta!!!.

I actually fell for the Antibiotic as I wanted to go for a transparent case and the LCD looks awesome.
The Platinum 500 loads enough punch for my needs man!!!

the processor is Rs.15500 and the Mobo Rs.14250.
Haven't really overclocked yet (waiting for Team Xtreem RAM), so cannot comment on the boards performance.

Last edited:

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I heard that even though Dual Core processors are out there in market, there are very few applications to use the DUAL PROCESSORS...... I donno what it is or whether is it true or not.. Is it true.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1:-Intel orignal motherboard 865gsa-------3600----3yr
2:-Intel original 2.66hz dualcore-------------5000---3yr

guys i currently hav p4 3GHz with an intel mobo ..... my engg has quoted this how much of a performance difference is this gonna make ....

1:-Intel orignal motherboard 865gsa-------3600----3yr
2:-Intel original 2.66hz dualcore-------------5000---3yr

guys i currently hav p4 3GHz with an intel mobo ..... my engg has quoted this how much of a performance difference is this gonna make ....

I'd suggest you hold your 'upgrade horses' for a while and collect some more funds and upgrade to C2D in some time.

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
pathiks said:
its pentium d 805... It wont make make much diff.. Better take the 820
Just out of curiosity (as I own a Intel D805 processor)...what is the equivalent of Intel D805 in AMD & also in Intel P4
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom