Cordless mouse and keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
no mate i dont think there are any such kb n mice .... and if there are i dnt think they are available in india ... lets see if others know of any such devices.

magnet

Youngling
varun.......sorry dude no cordless mouse without battery possible so far......

but i got struck with an idea...how abt a mouse which works on water pumping technique???......lol..sounds funny na

rohanbee

Padawan
Im using a microsoft keyboard+mouse in my office and let me tell you if you do come across any which does not need battereies tell me too.
Anyways the battery lasts quite long and i use my keyboard and mouse extensively !!!

An alternate is to get eveready rechargable pencil cells this way you don't have to run around to get new ones every time they dry out..
cheers

But for all the cons the benefit of owning a cordless keyboard+mouse far out weigh any cons they might have. Beleive me i have been using this combo for the last 2 years now.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
yes dude until now there is no such stuff available.

As far as cordless thing goes i use Microsoft Desktop Elite..keybord+mouse, it really improves the productivty.
comes handy .. i always have paper on my table so no-wire helps a lot.

do tell me if it comes.. untill then

you can try the rechargable mouse.. which is available in mkt. :D:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I have heard of a mouse that runs without batteries it has a winding mechanisum that you have to wind every 10 minuits or so . (you will not be able to buy it as it's a tecnology demonstrator product)

shaunak

Tux Fan
wanna save on batteries read this:
## get a rechargable cordless mouse( i own a iball rechargeble one and its cool) price 2k.
logitech also has 1 modle but it costs 6k.
sorry no rechargeble keyboard but

OP
V

Varunnagwekar

Semi-Geek
What is rechargable mouse. And if i keep the pc on for long hours ( which happens eveyday ) wont my batteries drain very fast?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
A "rechargeable mouse" is one that uses rechargeable batteries. The wireless receiver is usually also the charger and has its own power supply. The batteries are automatically recharged when the mouse is placed in the cradle when not in use.

The 'i' company has a wireless version of their "Black Cat" optical mouse which is a rechargeable type, and Logitech has a rechargeable model too.

pjdd

Right off the assembly line
I'm thinking of buying a wireless mouse, either a keyboard-mouse combo or just the mouse. Can you please give some info based on personal experience - price, how well it works, how long the batteries last.... ?

rohanbee

Padawan
Use microsoft they have good suport. Jut in case you need to replace it. I prefer a combo that ways you get them cheaper than their original price. Plus they match :p !! Excellent choice if you are into asthetics as well !!

Microsoft Desktop combo starts from 3200/- goes upto 6000/- depending upon the model. Logitech will be slightly cheaper. Both brands are equally good.

Look at this article on keyboards in india
*www.zdnetindia.com/reviews/hardware/input/stories/80502.html

shajan

Broken In
got a touchmate keyboard with inbuild mouse on the keyboard, but to use the mouse on the keyboard is too cumbersome.
uses 3 x AA batteries, lasts very long, last 4 1/2 years am using it and changed the battery only 2 times.

its better to use a optical mouse than depend on the keyboard mouse.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
pjdd said:
I'm thinking of buying a wireless mouse, either a keyboard-mouse combo or just the mouse. Can you please give some info based on personal experience - price, how well it works, how long the batteries last.... ?

Microsoft is a leadin one in wireless keyboard n mouse.

Based on the personal exp.. i can tell its gr8.

Microsoft keyboard n mouse are really light weight.

As for bettery last long man.. i havent changed for six months.
for mouse you can put a single cell as well.

*www.microsoft.com/hardware/default.mspx

rohanbee

Padawan
Hey you are right i tried the single cell thing and it worked..........
wicked info dude............
I think this is a very good feature as one has to replace the battery when only both the cells dry out. So thats how they increase their battery life.
Unfortunately its not the same story for the keyboard.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Yes dude,....

I use single cell for mouse

n

still the software shows .... good wireless link & bettery life.

Hows That!!!

You can try that,..

godsownman

Padawan
Can anybody tell me that if my PC is on for an average of about 6 hours in a day how much time will the battery last.

godsownman

Padawan
Also that solar panel idea is good why doesnt someone try recomending it to the makers.

it can charge through natural light present in the room and work in battery power at night.

What about a mouse that converts energy from every click to charge a lithium ion battery??

BTW I did have a wireless mouse that didn't need batteries to run. Unfortunately my cat made a meal out of it. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom