Copy or Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Hi,

I wanted to ask that as i am a member of other forums also (digit being the coolest among them though:D) most of you will be,

So, if i share a info with u all here from other forums,
how should i give the credit to the guy who originally found that info, as i suppose i can't give the link to a another forum, i can jus give the source.

What will it be considered a
copy
or
the credit goes to me as it was me who picked up info from that forum??:confused:

Any suggestions??? anybody thought about this before???

Pathik

Google Bot
u have to give the source... if its from another forum then jus give the username of the member of that forum... u can also give the direct link to that topic...
sharing knowledge is not prohibited in digit... :)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I would say the credit will go to you as you found out the info, be it from any forum.

Even that person must have found out about the info from somewhere else only, be it the info's original source.

What matters is you took the efforts to post it here, using your time and resources.

The growth of the web is after all " Copy and Past" :)

OP
dd_wingrider

dd_wingrider

In the zone
pathiks said:
u have to give the source... if its from another forum then jus give the username of the member of that forum... u can also give the direct link to that topic...
sharing knowledge is not prohibited in digit... :)

giving direct link is what everyone do i suppose:)
but giving the username of the person???

Pathik

Google Bot
i ve seen it happen sometimes... thats y i said that...
@alsi that is not allowed dude... if u dont give the source ur topic ll be locked by the mods...

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
@Pathiks,
I did not mean that do not give the source. I meant that acc. to me the credit for sharing that info would go to you, instead of it being called Copying :)

OP
dd_wingrider

dd_wingrider

In the zone
alsiladka said:
@Pathiks,
I did not mean that do not give the source. I meant that acc. to me the credit for sharing that info would go to you, instead of it being called Copying :)

;) so some credit goes to me also, tats all i needed:D:D

anandk

Distinguished Member
if i like something from another forum which i visit. i post it here, just saying "came across it in another forum" :D at most u may post the link. no need to post usernames !

OP
dd_wingrider

dd_wingrider

In the zone
pathiks n Vishal Gupta

goes for the User name also

but
alsiladka
anandk
n2casey
say not necessary,:cool:

Quite a difference in opinions i must say from the distinguished members, n its great :)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Hey I am a distinguished member too:D:DTake my openion
BE SURE YOU WRITE THE SOURCE
because if some other member is aware of the source-he will leave no chance to embarrass you:p

OP
dd_wingrider

dd_wingrider

In the zone
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^Hey I am a distinguished member too:D:DTake my openion
BE SURE YOU WRITE THE SOURCE
because if some other member is aware of the source-he will leave no chance to embarrass you:p
^^^^ this one i have seen many time here:D:D, a guy goes wrong somewhere n ppl make no stones unturned to make him realize it, i bet he won't do the same thing again:D

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
And whats the harm in posting the username also?
Its good that u mention the username too so that the author of the original article gets fame and appreciations. :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I see you missed the point .. "Giving credit" mean crediting the original author for his work .. He may be on another forum / site / whatever .. What you have done is just copy pasted the info but he has done the actual hard work in writing that info ..

OP
dd_wingrider

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Vishal Gupta said:
And whats the harm in posting the username also?
Its good that u mention the username too so that the author of the original article gets fame and appreciations. :)
yup its true vishal, suppose i copy all ur registry magic tricks and paste in other forums as my achievements, it will a big offence:D:D:D after all i did was ctrl+c n ctrl+v
I see you missed the point .. "Giving credit" mean crediting the original author for his work .. He may be on another forum / site / whatever .. What you have done is just copy pasted the info but he has done the actual hard work in writing that info ..
yes he will get the credit for sure his work, as hard work never goes down without being noticed.

bt a itsy bitsy credit to the one who discovered tat info in the ocean of internet:D:D wats say @it_waaznt_me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom