Converting .exe files to .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ dont get you

Its an old method all right, too many factors can go wrong... the other person can see the extension of the shortcut file... or he may have identified it using the arrow mark on the icon. Even if the file is hidden, it shows up under winrar or any compression software when you open the archive. Sounds pretty silly to me, atleast. dunno about others. Hidden files and renamed files went out of fashion years ago. practically anyone with some technical knowledge can see through this.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ No problem.

I was just saying its pretty obvious to the present generation, and the hidden file can be seen in many steps easily, and its really not my fault if you happen to imply something upon yourself.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
First of all, hidden files are easily detected. So are shortcuts. Understand that. Im not criticising you, just your method. Come on, if I send you an archive like that, you would immediately find it out, right? thats why I said its easily detectable. No need to get all shirty with me. Im just telling you that your method may not work with anyone above the bare beginner stage.

So if you want to hide an exe file somewhere, theres something called exe binding. This involves two exe files, one you want to hide in another. And you need a third exe called the stub exe, which manages both the main exes. you can google for several binders, and there are even programs which can combine several filetypes, like jpeg, exe, mp3 etc together. But the only drawback of this is, several antivirus software detect the presence of binders, since generally virii are distributed like that, and display a warning.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Oh yaar i think i am fool and you are 200% fool.
i want a method without any shortcoming and without using any outside utility.
without a exe binder.
and please give in stepwise.
thanks in advance.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Nothing...
i hate this word. everything is possible, just need effort. if you can not provide a best shortcoming less method, then give reasion why you say this method was used by only malware. i give here this method for solving the problem of sending some needed exe file to our friends through mail(every coin have two portion).
and this method is capable of doing this.
next meet in morning.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah, some things need too much effort though :) so much effort that the result is not worth the hard work we put in.

Well, both methods are very widely used by malware. Your method is used by some removable drive malware. The user thinks its some image, and double clicks it, and the virus spreads via the renamed exe. This is easily detected by the antivirus software, as they scan NOT for the extension, but for the virus' signature in memory.

My method is used by slightly more complex malware. Best example is spreading malware through warez. Several warez setup files I have seen are bound with a virus exe, and when the setup is run, so is the virus. And because of the virus exe, loaded in memory, antivirus programs stop it. Because a large number of virii spread like this, AV programs generally display a warning for a file which is bound or packed.

You want to complicate all this stuff for sending a needed exe through mail? you can just attach it and send it, na? or just rar it, put a password, send it, not even the mail's AV scanners can scan the files inside.

I still dont understand what exactly you are doing all these for.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
You are Saying:
Well, both methods are very widely used by malware.
I write this method as just like a technique. i was not know it is old or new.
Everything have some positive past with negative part.
But Your language i am seeing is very cheap and hearted to the other.
Ehh... this is an old method... generally used by malware of course... better move it to tuts section.

You are behaving like only you are a geek in the forum. And amazingly telling me these.It actually makes you look dumb.
And one more thing keep in mind, Increasing your post will not make your name in the Green Color. While answer of the question is already given by a member then you not need to interfere in this. I the tutorial section you give the link of the tutorial.
I was not read the forum rule at that time otherwise i care for it.
Keep in mind also seeking shortcomings is very easy, but starting a new thing is not always easy.
if you think you a geek write a new tutorial and share here.
I know what you are:

*img66.imageshack.us/img66/3152/noobew5.jpg

Source: *thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90013

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
But Your language i am seeing is very cheap and hearted to the other.

Well, I say the method is used by malwares. Whats cheap about it?

You are behaving like only you are a geek in the forum. And amazingly telling me these.It actually makes you look dumb.

Well, I find this method old. If anyone else finds it new for them, let them use it. And you didnt know its used by malware. So it doesnt make me look dumb. And Im not behaving like a geek, just sharing and filling my half knowledge with others.

And one more thing keep in mind, Increasing your post will not make your name in the Green Color.
Of course not, I know that too, green is the color for global mods. And orange for admins. Why are you bringing them in here?

While answer of the question is already given by a member then you not need to interfere in this.
I dont see anyone answering, in fact, I think we two are the only ones arguing in this thread.

I was not read the forum rule at that time otherwise i care for it.
Thats okay, I was just saying it needs to be moved to the tuts section, because its a tutorial. I wasnt commenting on the quality of your guide.

Keep in mind also seeking shortcomings is very easy, but starting a new thing is not always easy.
Yes, but I was just pointing out the shortcomings of the new thing you started. A forum is for sharing, appreciation, criticization, and development. You should try to accept all kinds of responses.

if you think you a geek write a new tutorial and share here.
I dont think Im a geek, and even if I do, I dont need to write tutorials to prove it. If I have something to share in the future, Ill write one, but dont expect any, since Im extremely lazy.

Quoting my own image, eh?

I know what you are:
*img254.imageshack.us/img254/3083/33748542169e2635b0fw8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom