converting DVD movie to CD.........HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey..... i recently bought this DVD with all 5 home alone movies on it.... it is a total of 7.09GB ..... so i wanna make a backup of it without loss of quality or aspect ratio..... and i want it in .avi or some other high compression format..... can someone please guide me thru the method or link me to it........ 1movie on the DVD currently is of approx. 1.6GB.... can i fit it in a single CD?
PS: i want it for computer viewing only.....but not want it to take much space (probably wanna fit it off in a disc)

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
here goes............

if u want 1 movie per CD........this is the way to do it...

1. Download K-Lite Codec Pack from www.free-codecs.com

2. Download #1DVD Ripper from *www.dvdtox.com/

3. Install Both

4. In The K-Lite Codec Pack Tools u will c Nic's Bitrate calculator

5. Enter The lenght of the movie, the audio bitrate usually 128kbps...n the final desired size..ie 700MB

6. This will give u a bitrate for say 700kbps........but use 680kbps for VP62

7. Run #1DVD Ripper

8. Select the DVD ROM drive.....it will show u all the movies present on the DVD

9. You will have to rip each movie separately(even though batch mode is allowed as all will b different in length)

10. in properties....select output as orignal DVD res or something lower as otherwise ur per pixel quality reduces....

11. Enable Dolby Surround...select approprite frme rate, depending on PAL/NTSC DVD

12. Settings:
Default Volume = 6
De Interlace: Interplate
Split Mode: Infinite
Enable all the check boxes below

In Output:
Video Codec for avi: VP62
Configure: Enter calculated bitrate(eg 650)
Mode: Good Quality Fast Encoding
End Usage: VBR
Material: Progressive
Sharpness: 5
Max Keyframe: 120
Noise Reduction: 0
Auto Keyframe: Enabled

Advanced:
Adjust Quantizer: Min 4 to Max 40

Misc Settings:
Temporary Buffer: set it acc to amt of RAM u have set eg. 100MB
Special Optimization: FPU
Check: Use ASAPI to access DVD Drive

Size/Bitrate:
Audio Settings for avi:
Lame MP3: 128kbps

Other than that select the Subtitle, the audio channel: AC3 6 Channel/2 channel etc...

Audio Quality: High

......see the other stuff...iguess i hvnt missed out on nything

Most Importantly..............go thru the entire topic in my siggie..........its informative.........

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
oh yeah n repeat the process for the no. of movies u wanna rip.........happy ripping..........for other help....im watchin this topic........u can always ask........ 8)

mamba

In the zone
been here on the forum 4 a long time havnt u ?? my suggestion , plz search b4 u start a thread

n 4 ur query , get Dr Divx .open ur movie file int it 4 encoding . mention the output file size as 700mb . select encode . ur done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom