Converting CD's into 320 kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackheart

Right off the assembly line
I heard that store bought CD's came as 128 kbps don't remember where i heard to from, but i am wanting to convert some cd's i have to 320 kbps and was wondering if anyone knew if this was true about cd's and also what is the best software out now to do this with?

Anything can help

Thanks

legolas

Padawan
from a higher bit rate to lower, it would technically work, i mean quality-vice. but, it is not possible from conversion of an already down sampled version to up sampled version with improvement in quality.

however, here is a guide on how you can do with iTunes.
*forums.qj.net/f-ipod-and-itunes-217/t-guide-how-to-use-itunes-to-convert-music-114156.html
hope it helps

legolas

Padawan
I think it was 2 different users, but the same question. I thought of it to, but gave the benefit of doubt to the user??
besides, the time and date are different.

I heard that store bought CD's came as 128 kbps don't remember where i heard to from, but i am wanting to convert some cd's i have to 320 kbps and was wondering if anyone knew if this was true about cd's and also what is the best software out now to do this with?

Anything can help

Thanks

First of all if u get a Original CD from a Music Store then the format is not MP3. U need to first rip it to some format say mp3 or wma using some tool such as Windows Media Player. In the rip settings of Windows Media Player u can select the bitrate. and secodly, it is possible to convert 128Kbps tracks to 320 Kbps and vice versa..But u wont get a better quality as u have already lost the quality when u ripped it to 128Kbps in the first place. There is a free tool DBAmp Music converter...which can be used for such conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom