Convert Ur Single Layer DVD RW Drive Into Dual Layer

Did U know this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

regenade

Broken In
hey guys,

do u all wanna know how to convert ur single layer dvd writer into a dual layer one
then go this website:

*codeguys.rpc1.org/index.html
*codeguys.rpc1.org/oc.html

I have just converted my LITE ON 12x Single Layer DVD RW (Model SOHW 1233s) into a 16x Dual Layer(Model 1633s)

If any problems pliz let me know , i would help if possible or will others as there are a lot of gr8 guys in this forum

bye

Supratim

akshayc

Broken In
May not be possible to do this for all dvd drives, only drives with the latest tech. can be upgded

( Akshay please change your avatar / size. Its much above the forum limits - [deXter])

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Like the man said its not possible with all DVD drives only with the ones which have the HW already present and only needs a firmware upgrade.

OP
R

regenade

Broken In
Surely u can upgrade

Hey guys,

u dont seem to believe that i have converted by Single layer DVD RW(LiteOn SOHW 1233s ) into a dual layer one 1633s model
well its works with most lite on drives , and also on some sony drives as well many other OEM drives as LITE ON is an OEM manufacturer & supplies DVD RWs to many OEMS like DELL,IBM & the SONY DVD RW is a rebagged one only , see digit nov. for that.

any refer to the above site that i mentioned in my starting post for details

bye

Regenade

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
I have lite On Sohw-1633s in the web site you mentioned it says it can upgraded to Sohw-1653s. Is it Possible?

After flashing your firmware has writing quality improved?

harikatt

In the zone
yes,, its not possible in old drives,, but only in the new,, where firmware upgradation possibility is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom