Conversion from DV to MPEG2 problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I had some home shot video which I saved in my computer in DV AVI format at 25 FPS. Later I converted the same to MPEG-2 @ 6000 Bitrate & 25 FPS using CCE SP. The problem is that where the video runs absolutely smooth in AVI DV format, as soon as it is converted, it starts kind of skipping frames. What I mean here is, when I see the converted video, it is not smooth as the original. Whenever any object in the video moves, it gives a jerked kind of feeling. I tried to convert the video with a few other softwares like Ulead Video Studio, Windows Movie Maker etc, but all gives the same result. Now, why does this happen and what can I do to overcome this.

Thank you.

nil_3

In the zone
go4saket said:
I tried to convert the video with a few other softwares like Ulead Video Studio, Windows Movie Maker etc, but all gives the same result. Now, why does this happen and what can I do to overcome this?

Seems like a problem with the DV types. There are two types of DV files Type I and Type II. It may be that your DV file is not compatible with the encoder. Or there may be some header problem with the DV file. Try to convert the DV file to another DV file(save as .AVI) with the encoder(say, Ulead VideoStudio), see the result and then convert it to MPEG2. If it is DV type problem, then it will be solved. But if it is header problem, then you can do nothing.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

As I already mentioned, the DV is saved in AVI format only and that too with Ulead VidoStudio. As such, the DV AVI file runs absolutely smooth. So I am sure there is no problem with the DV file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom