console vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jobenjoseph

hi

i am in a dilemma whether to go for a console or a high end gaming pc. price is not a factor. just jittery whthr advancing technology will make the present tech obsolete.
can ya guyz contribute ur experiences??

sakumar79

Technomancer
Whether you go for console or pc, advancing technology will outdate current tech.... With console, you get more dependable gaming because config is fixed and therefore testing is easier, whereas in pc, you can get crashes because each persons gaming rig is different and developpers cannot test for various combinations of rigs... Also, I think consoles games are more advanced and offer better gameplay but I am not sure... On the other hand, pcs have wider variety of games... And pc games are cheaper I think... And upgrading can be a stage-by-stage process...

Arun

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
If you can afford monster PCs like the Mac Pro, go for it, as they give you better expandability. But if you can't, consoles are for you.

Goten

Banned
Better go for console if u can afford HDTV.

PCS are the best but u always gotta upgrade.

Peace~~~!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Consoles win Hands down , there's nothin to ask ( except if u play RTS games like Age of empires , etc , though now u can also plug in ur USB mouse n keyboard to your 360 n play RTS games with them )

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
But there are a million things you can do with PCs.
Apart from gaming you can use your Gaming rig as a super-multimedia machine.
You said you dont have money prob. then why not buy a PC.
Yeah you will need to update it regularly but there are some genres best played on PCs like FPS and Stretagy.
My recommandation go for a PC.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Did u forget that the ps3 has linux on it.U can attach a usb mouse and keyboard and do anything u could with a normal pc..

OP
T

thunderbird.117

If you do know that Current consoles are useless next to PC due to current consoles can not run DirectX-10 Games.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
thunderbird.117 said:
If you do know that Current consoles are useless next to PC due to current consoles can not run DirectX-10 Games.
The current consoles r so powerful that they do not need DirectX 10.The effects in DirectX 10 r even possible in current consoles if processed with shader model 3.0.And Microsoft is working on bringing updates with games so as to it can match up to DirectX 10.I know there r some better graphical results with DirectX 10 but it's not due to hardware alone but it's mainly due to software.These graphical results are even possible with shader 3.0 hardware if the software is altered..

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
s18000rpm said:
i read somewhere that X360 & PS3 are equivalent of a PC with 7900GT/ATi x1900 +C2D.
But in a pc the hardware and software both play a crucial role whereas in a console the hardware plays the major role followed by the software.In the pc the softwares are written for a wide range of hardware.As such they need APIs which in turn increases the time required to process instruction via hardware.But for consoles the the software r specifically written for the hardware as it's constant as such the consoles require less time to process instructions compared to equivalent pcs..

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
i think its bout the genre and the titles you prefer,
for example, being a tekken player i would prefer ps3 over pc anyday provided all i have to do is game ;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If you are a Windows kind of guy, you would prefer a PC for gaming.

If you are a Mac user, you would prefer consoles.

If you use Linux, you aren't into gaming anyway.

:)

Third Eye

gooby pls
Harvik780 said:
Hain jab slow chalta hai or framerate drop hota hai to bara maja ata hai.
Hor jab console ke liye 5000-6000 rupya ki game kharidne ki bari aati hain tab bahut maza aata hain :D

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
tech_mastermind said:
60000 ka graphic card :lol:
XFX ka graphics card Geforce 8800 GTX jo best hai uska price 60000 hai.Aur hain wo plastation 3 ke graphics crad se sirf hardware rendered double performance deta hai(software rendered ka keh nahi sakte) phir bhi itna price.Price rashi peripherals ke site per dekh lo.Are posts apne aap hi delete ho gaye..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom