Console!!! gfx!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi friends,,,,
By the end of this month i had a increment like stuff and i got about 5.5k... So i decided to spend it for gaming.. Here in my signature is my spec..

I read so many threads abt ps2 and gfx cards though i didnt take any wise decisions yet.. SO i need ur help..

For my budget can i afford PS2(Yes...the modded one..:D)

Or else i go for an entry level card for my PC(i think for 5k i cant get any midrange gfx card:()

I need ur valuable suggn...:cool:

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
I would always suggest you a Sony playstation 2 for better result.
Even if you want to stick with your pc you can get a 8600 or a 9600 for around 5.5k max

Night-Rider

Journeyman
Get a 8600GT. This way u can play some 360 games with that pc too like DMC4. It will even play oblivion. Besides the gr8 game collection of pc.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ur config seems gud enuf.
ur best bet wud be an ATI HD 3850 512 MB GDDR3, which is up for 5.9k
its much much future proof, with DX 10.1 and let u play any current game with med~high details on ur config.

u can also enjoy HD movies too, but ur current config will fail to play a 1080p video.
If u are a classic lower, then PS2 seems better, but for upcoming games, get the 3850!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
What is the price of HD 3850 in chennai....
Huh... i enquire that..
And buying PS2 is like a dream for me... My long day dream.:rolleyes:. So i get my hands to PS2...
I have a doubt.. Is modded PS2 is avail in the SONY showroom itself..:cool:..
If so, then what is the price... And what are all the accessories that bundle with a modded one...
Since i have a lot of time..atleast until the end of month i decide it about for this whole month.. So ur valuable suggestion for a newbie of PS2 will help me a lot.........:D:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A little bit of searching across the forum would have helped you.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86378
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86620

Anyway, Sony showroom would never stock a modded console.

If so, then what is the price... And what are all the accessories that bundle with a modded one...
It can be anywhere between 6k to 7.5k.The accessories bundled are:
One modded Playstation 2 console.
One Original Dual Shock Analog Controller
Proprietary Composite Cable
Power Cable
User's Manual & of course the box.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@allwyndlima.
Did u know any dealer in chennai who deal with modded PS2? And my main question is did a modded PS2 wil last for atleast 2 years,,....
@dominator
Whats the street price of HD3850?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@allwyndlima.
Did u know any dealer in chennai who deal with modded PS2? And my main question is did a modded PS2 wil last for atleast 2 years,,....
Sorry pal am from Mumbai so no idea about Chennai.For your next question, if you meant it's stability then yes it should last you for more than 2 years.If you meant in terms of games being available then frankly I can't say.The titles coming out right now are very scanty as compared to before.It's shelf life is almost over but if you haven't been using the PS2 a lot prior to this then you can play it's previous games & it's equally fun.Which is what I am doing at the moment.The graphics do seem dull at time but still the games are totally worth it.:D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@allwyndlima.
@dominator
Whats the street price of HD3850?

In cheani go to ritchie street...there is a game galaxy or something like that....check out...

Dont the buy the ps2...not a wise investment NOW....if u had bought it atleast a year ago..it would have been worth it...now its not..a gfx card is far better than it...

otherwise ur absolute buy it..will cost abt 7k i suppose..in total maybe 1 k more...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
In cheani go to ritchie street...there is a game galaxy or something like that....check out...

Dont the buy the ps2...not a wise investment NOW....if u had bought it atleast a year ago..it would have been worth it...now its not..a gfx card is far better than it...

otherwise ur absolute buy it..will cost abt 7k i suppose..in total maybe 1 k more...

I never play games in PS2.. So i decided to go with it...
And ofcourse i decided to go with gfx card too... Which one i should opt for..
9500GT or HD3850...(dont forgot my budget @ 5k......:D)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^....

u want to do both in 5k.... how????

if its gfx card..both are good...i am a nvidia user so..i prefer in ur budget the 256 mb ddr3 8600gt...enough....no heating problems or whatever...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^^....

u want to do both in 5k. how??

if its gfx card..both are good...i am a nvidia user so..i prefer in ur budget the 256 mb ddr3 8600gt...enough....no heating problems or whatever...

Nah... i m going to invest another 6k... 6k for PS2 and 5k for gfx card..
Why u suggest 8600GT card.:sad:.
Why not HD3850..:!:
Is there any controversy between u and ati...:D.... just a curiosity...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Nah... i m going to invest another 6k... 6k for PS2 and 5k for gfx card..
Why u suggest 8600GT card.:sad:.
Why not HD3850..:!:
Is there any controversy between u and ati...:D.... just a curiosity...

coz its more VFM in ur case....the 3850 may perform more..but since if u that much a perfomance lover u will not be buying a ps2 and a gfx card under 5k...thats why..how much will u think it would be more...5~8 fps more...both cards are low end now..not even mid range..so save couple of bucks and put it in ur ps2 fund...will be enough....

i never used Ati...coz i never bought it....i thght of the 4850..but then nvidia came with 9800gx2 and gtx 280...so no need.. :)...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Ok.. no gfx card until September.:(..
Whats the price of PS2,,:cool:,, What r all diff versions..
Which one should i get for around 6k..:D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
psp slim.... around 6k..i am not so sure...for 7k..yeas...coz for modding itself it maye take upto 500

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Any suggestion about dealers in chennai....
coz i m always aware that the dealers in chennai may try 2 cheat us if we duno much..:D.
If u know abt sumone pls suggest me the details..

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
i already told you in a post above...game flash or game galaxy in ritchie street...

ksrao_74

Broken In
And buying PS2 is like a dream for me... My long day dream.:rolleyes:. So i get my hands to PS2...
:D:
(up to 24000rs tho)
PS2 is prett good for graphics........but i suggest u save some more money and go for PS3 and with that u can even watch Blue Ray movies......

I have a doubt.. Is modded PS2 is avail in the SONY showroom itself..:cool:..
lol.......:Dit s not available in showroom....may be can try one in grey market......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom