kadal27

Broken In
I am using a P III 700 MHz System with 512 MB SDRam,
ME in C: and XP in D:. Recently I tried to install a screensaver
from a magazine CD and cancelled the installation in halfway as
my antyvirus found a virus in the installation. After that my
system failed to transfer data from internet though it normally
connects to the internet. I tried by resetting all the settings;
tried different ISPs; tried different phone lines. But no use.
Its working fine in ME. Please help me.

OP
K

kadal27

Broken In
Yes, I done full system scan for virus. Done checking with spybot search and destry. Done cleaning with registry cleaner.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
umm.. you have got some trojan running, see your registry and remove run, runonce entry which are suspecious.
And download "naviscope" .. try tweak using that. You will sure get some clue !

A

anurag_online

Did you installed the Screensaver in XP??? If yes do one simple thing i.e. restore your pc to last best config by RESTORE SYSTEM you can find the wizard link in help section by pressinf F1. this will solve your problem.

TheKing

Broken In
Hi,
Load ZoneAlarm. With some common sense in place, it should take care of any trjan crapware, whatever, LOLL. Seriously, it will. In case yur OS is XP - b4 install ZAF/ZAP disable it's FW.

As for Av use Kaspersky - it rocks! Norton, McAfee sucks compared to this. Worth every paissa. Updates r tiny too :D. Plus u can do daily, weekly, monthly. As I said it rocks! im mentioning Kasp. cus if u use it's extended db it takes care of trojans, malware / crapware etc.

Njoy!

techiways

Broken In
Have you enabled Proxy settings?

If you using dialup? Reinstall your modem

If you are using Dsl, You should check your DNS settings or probably your gateway IP.

Are you able to ping your isp gateway?

If you dont know the ip of your isp gateway, try to ping your isp website. IE: airtel - www.airtelworld.com

OP
K

kadal27

Broken In
No Proxy.
Dial up. Already reinstalled the modem and that's no use.
I can ping my isp gateway with 0% loss.

But no browser/ email client works. (IE/Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox/Outlook Express/Outlook/Thunderbird)

(Yet to try naviscope.(does it work with firefox?)
Yet to try Zone alarm.
System restore disabled.)

anubhav_har

In the zone
Is your problem related to both OSes or only one OS?? If its XP only then goto System Restore and Restore it to any previous state mentioned there. But be warned that all the data you have created after that date will be removed including your files and folders. If it is with ME check the network settings for a clue

OP
K

kadal27

Broken In
Problem Solved

I got the problem solved when leisurely uninstalling unwanted programs. The culprit is a program called iNTERNET Trubo. I think it must be a trialware and trial period expired. After uninstalling it my system automatically began to work normally.

Beware of trialwares!

Charley

Just Do It
Guess ur settings might have chanegd in the DNS, IP, mask, etc cos of the virus. Also check for the trojan using Adaware, free online scanner by doing a search in google.

First of all use hijackthis and post a log to check the entries there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom