connection between PCs using modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

patelviren

Broken In
i want to know is it possible to connect two pc through modem?how it possible?is there any software? one os is XP & on other SERVER 2003.

suhasingale

Journeyman
Can you elaborate you query little more so we can help you with the same. We would like to know for what purpose you need to connect them and what is the distance between these PC's.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
As a general response, U can use hyperterminal to dial into the other pc. This app has buttons for sending and receiving files/text.

OP
P

patelviren

Broken In
i work as trainee as my curriculam of college. i want to attach both pc which r in one room & dist is 3 to 5 meters. i want to transfer a files/folder from one pc to another pc. main purpose is that i don't want to purchase NIC card to interface & modem work for two purpose 1)enjoy of internet 2) file transfer to another pc.

OP
P

patelviren

Broken In
if one hint or any information from i can able to get that idea please help me

i work as trainee as my curriculam of college. i want to attach both pc which r in one room & dist is 3 to 5 meters. i want to transfer a files/folder from one pc to another pc. main purpose is that i don't want to purchase NIC card to interface & modem work for two purpose 1)enjoy of internet 2) file transfer to another pc.

mediator

Technomancer
@patelviren: Hi, the area I live in has a free telecom service for its residents. So people like neighbours can call to each other freely, unlimitedly with no bills! We friends used to connect to each other's PC using hyperterminal and exchange documents freely with that until broadband came into existence!
U can do something like this, if u have telecom for ur college!

theraven

Technomancer
but be advised ur connection speed again will largely depend on modem and phone linke
even if u get 56kbp full .. thats like 7 kBps ..
its like downloading a file from the net ...
so wouldnt u rather just do that ?

i URGE u to consider a simple LAN solution ( under rs 800 ) than ur current idea which will cost u phone bills as well

if ur still insistent then go ahead
but u wont have a true network and will be limited in surfin and transfering between the machines as well .. GUI wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom