connecting to broadband in ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav@digit

www.ggauravr.blogspot.com
how do i connect to broadband in ubuntu 7.10,which i'm running under vista home prem..using vmware player..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Under the VMWare player go to settings and then on network and click on NAT.. this will give Ubuntu direct access to your broadband connection on Vista.. no hassles .. but if you wanna do it on native installation then go for sudo pppoeconf command

OP
G

gaurav@digit

www.ggauravr.blogspot.com
thanks..aytus..but i'm not yet able to connect in ubuntu..

thanx hellknight..but i wasn't able to connect even with the NAT option checked..any other suggestions

Last edited:

ManishSinha

Addicted to FOSS
please give us the output of the command, after you set up intenert through
sudo pppoeconfig at the terminal

Code:
sudo ifconfig

parthbarot

In the zone
See.. may be this is right for you i don't know...
but i installed Ubuntu 8, and i got my BSNL BB their by default.. I have connected it through NIC, so may be bcs of that..it got in...
and i don;t need to run any command...

ManishSinha

Addicted to FOSS
USB interface doesnt work with DataOne. They provide the driver source code and you have compile it yourself.

Worser, their driver is for 2.4. kernel

Rahim

Married!
See.. may be this is right for you i don't know...
but i installed Ubuntu 8, and i got my BSNL BB their by default.. I have connected it through NIC, so may be bcs of that..it got in...
and i don;t need to run any command...

Bcoz you have configured the PPPoE in the router/modem itself and thats why you dont have to enter any commands to connect. Its also called "Always On" connection.

parthbarot

In the zone
yeah..right...i have that PPPoE..so in windows or linux... when i make it on,it will Rock :)

but seriously, broadband rocks with 2Mbps... i hope.. 8Mbps is also available soon.. in reasonable rates ofcourse... :)

Parth.

drsubhadip

In the zone
in ubuntu or in kubuntu for bsnl dataone broadband just go to terminal
write sudo pppoeconfig..
follow the command..
ur modam will be configured ,,.
no problem of connecting the broadband...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom