Connecting PC To TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Hello Buddies,

i wanna ask u ppl that whether can i use my TV as the monitor for my PC....
my TV is LG Flatron [ dunno the model no. ].....i m having a PCI-E Express 8600 GT in my PC.....

do i require any additonal hardware like cords etc.. n plz mention its cost too !

Reply ASAP...

Thnx

BlackBerry7100g ! :)

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I am assuming CRT
Does your TV have S-Video in? If yes, buy good quality S-Video cable and connect it. If not , get S-Video to component cable and connect it.
Can you use your TV as monitor? no if your TV doesnt have S-Video in. Lack of sharpness , low refresh rate and shaky text make it a pain. If you try playing games you might find colourloss if not black&white picture. Monitors are better suited for static images and TV for videos.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
adithyagenius said:
Can you use your TV as monitor? no if your TV doesnt have S-Video in. .
thats not entirly true, if you have a VCR or a RF modulator then you can connect the pc to it. but you are right about pic quality.
BlackBerry7100g well you have to tell us what kind of connections are on the TV.

thrash_metal

In the zone
^^^^^ right

As for your second question ........ dunno about all of u .. but I cant cause my eyes pain and I cant get a look when I do so (samsung bordeux)

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Liggy said:
thats not entirly true, if you have a VCR or a RF modulator then you can connect the pc to it. but you are right about pic quality.
BlackBerry7100g well you have to tell us what kind of connections are on the TV.
I meant using on long term. I tried it with two TVs. Using the TV as monitor for more than 5 mins was a pain without S-Video. IMO using some CRT TV as monitor is out of question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom