Connecting A Cassette Tape Music Deck To PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Hi Guys ,

I am having an Antique Sanyo Cassette Tape Music Deck which is of no use now , but its speakers are quite powerful !

I wud lyk to ask u ppl whether is it possible to connect that deck with my pc and avail the enjoyment of the speakers ?

here are a few pics of the speaker leads and instrument panel at the back of the deck !

The speaker lead connecting to the deck is different than what we use in PC's soundcard , therefore is there any connecting lead also available ? Plz explain what to do in detail .

*i3.tinypic.com/6z5d0nn.jpg Speaker Lead - Side View

*i9.tinypic.com/8eufifr.jpg Speaker Lead - Top View

*i19.tinypic.com/6k58mdv.jpg Console At The Back Of The Deck

Thnx

BlackBerry7100g. ;)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I guess you want to connect your speakers to Pc,right?
If so Cut the lead in pic1 & replace it with stereo pin(The one used in headphones i.e 3.5mm).
Then you should be able to connect it.
Hope this helps.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Wait.. Wait Wait!! Don't do any cutting-shutting.. You need a simple cable. This is how the cable looks like:

*www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC399AC_LR.jpg

This is called Stereo to RCA cable. You'll get it in electronics shop. May cost less than 50 bucks (again, depends on quality). You will get that cable in different lengths.

Just plug the single connector to "Speaker/Audio Out" on your computer (Green connector to which you connect your 2.1 speakers or Headphones). Plug the other two connectors (grouped) to the AUX IN (or whatever "IN" is there) of your amplifier. Now just power on your amplifier and set the mode to AUX IN (or to whatever "IN" you've plugged in), adjust the volume and voila! Its done :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
be careful, i once rendered my sound card dead by using external speakers(not meant for PC).

I remember i was playing Delta Force: Black Hawk Down and everything was guns blazing boom and suddenly i heard another boom and that was my external speaker,capacitor popped out .

After that i removed the jack only to realise that the soundcard was no more working.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ I've connected my Laptop to my Music System so many times and even to TV AV IN many times. Its perfectly fine here :)

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
infra , working here fine too ... thnx a ton ! o man , i just can't tell , the speakers are rocking ! the window vibrate at just level 2 of volume ! there are 20 levels , so u can image very well :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
BlackBerry7100g said:
infra , working here fine too ... thnx a ton ! o man , i just can't tell , the speakers are rocking ! the window vibrate at just level 2 of volume ! there are 20 levels , so u can image very well :D
lol

amanjagga

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ I've connected my Laptop to my Music System so many times and even to TV AV IN many times. Its perfectly fine here :)
hey workinf fine with my music system but for TV................................. .I bought the third motherboard

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ I haf no idea why its happening. Its working fine for me since 3 years!!! Anyway, threadstarter: Heed to their warning and refrain from connecting it to your TV, to be on the safer side.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ I haf no idea why its happening. Its working fine for me since 3 years!!! Anyway, threadstarter: Heed to their warning and refrain from connecting it to your TV, to be on the safer side.

Especially in older TVs, there might be high voltage on the chassis and the line in's ground terminal. TVs typically dont have earthing. If u connect it directly to ur PCs line out, maybe this high voltage could cause problems.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gulgulumaal said:
Especially in older TVs, there might be high voltage on the chassis and the line in's ground terminal. TVs typically dont have earthing. If u connect it directly to ur PCs line out, maybe this high voltage could cause problems.
Might be a possiblity. But mostly the connectors are well isolated and the casing is made of fibre. Thats the reason why most of the TV plugs don't haf the earth pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom