connect via LAN and Dial up together

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
I want to connect to internet via LAN and dialup together so as to have max speed. Suggest any way to do it.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
I assume connecting to internet through LAN would be through proxy and dial up through modem connected to another LAN card/USB port. Configure a browser (say IE) to use the proxy and another (say Opera) to connect to internet directly. Or u can configure ur download manger to use one connection and ur browser to use another

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
In IE u can specify that in Tools>Internet Options>Connections

In Outlook (I'm using Outlook 2003) u can specify that while creating / modifying a connection by clicking on the "More Settings..." button

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
NO U cant DO That

sorry to report... but u cant do it over india...

if u r in India u cant do that... That is called bridgeing... and presently only connection that can be bridged is BSNL ISDN... i am not sure of DataOne... but only 2 or more BSNL ISDN conection can be bridge...

no one else supports this option...

Last edited by a moderator:

champ_rock

champ_rock
mod-the-pc said:
I assume connecting to internet through LAN would be through proxy and dial up through modem connected to another LAN card/USB port. Configure a browser (say IE) to use the proxy and another (say Opera) to connect to internet directly. Or u can configure ur download manger to use one connection and ur browser to use another
how can u configure ur one connection to BECOME a proxy so that it can be used by other applications?

Techinator

Broken In
brigding is a feature using which you can connect two network connections and the machines on both the networks can communicate with those on other network by routing data through the comp where they are brigded. doing it is very simple. select two connection and on right click menu you get an option of bridging them.

i m not very sure of this but i think there is a limit of only ony bridge in win XP while you can have multiple in Server editions of windows like 2000, or win 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom