Connect PC to Laptop by USB Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamalpandya

Right off the assembly line
HI Friends,

I have a PC of P-IV Processor and a Zenith Laptop. I wanna make network of both by connecting them by USB Cables. is it possible? if yes, then how and what tools i need for that and how much speed it can provide for data transfer? and if NO, what should i do to connect them anyhow at no much cost !

theraven

Technomancer
a usb cross over cable
and software to make usb port act as a network card which should be bundled with the cable

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The max speed if both are USB 2 should be a max of about 400Mbps.
I would still say if both have ethernet cards a crossover cable is the best and the cheapest way to go.

qarch

Going green anyone?
I have heard of serial and also used lan crossover cable besides normal networking with a hub/switch and also separately IEEE1394. I was wondering if USB could be made networkable. Is it for real? Are USB crossover cable/software commonly available?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
yes usb network setup are available they are little more than a usb to ethernet converters. The hardware is easily available in bangalore local market.

ishaan

Padawan
you can also use LPT ports (old printer ports) and COM ports lol

but i think the best way is to use a LAN wire most probably the laptop will be having an ethernet card check if ur pc also has it and then u can use an ethernet cable 2 attach em

fire

Broken In
hey buddy i bought a USB to USB cable a few days ago. It cost me 750 bucks n still not performing well. Its hard to establish network between the two with the software provided with this cable but still i managed to do so with some effort. But it is not giving the speed upto the mark as i was told.
I think the best way is to install a ethernet card in ur PC. As most of the laptops are already equipped with it. It will cost u around 250 to 300 bucks and gives enough speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom