Connect my phone as a modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

virendra

Right off the assembly line
I have a unique problem to which i did not find a solution.I bought a Motorola MPx 200 phone as my company does not allow camera phones.I am happy with the phone.I upgraded its Operating System from Windows Smartphone 2002 to Windows Smartphone 2003 by purchasing the ROM Upgrade over ebay.My phone connects to internet even to secure connection.This phone can be used as a modem however I am not able to do.I created a second dail up connection.I use Airtel in Pune.I found the following blog that gave me some light but still unable to connect.
*dexterstorm.rediffblogs.com/
I have Pentium 4 3.0(with HT),256 MB DDR RAM and 80 GB Sumsang HDD.I have Win XP SP2.The phone is not detected as a modem in device manager.It is detected as Microsoft Sync device.The Active Sync shipped with this device is version 3.6.I don't know how to run those modem commands.When I try to connect it as the dail connection 2 with the dailing number as *99#(It is the default number for dailing to Airtel GPRS),the computer says connected at 115.00 Kbps but page can not be displayed.Airtel is good option for me as it can be used on the move and at home either with unlimited surfing and dowloading @ Rs.150/- a month.I don't mind the speed.The alternative is Relaince connection which is expensive and runs almost at the same speed.

Virendra Rajput.

OP
V

virendra

I finally realised that it is impossible to connect my phone with Smartphone 2003 as the OS.I reinstalled Smartphone 2002 on my phone.I was also able to find the modem driver and GPRS connection instructions from motorola website.However it still needs extra intialisation commands.Would anyone know what they are for Airtel GPRS in Pune.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Airtel GPRS connection suc*s. You have downloaded the Mobile Office Settings already. Just check the various settings until u find a External id. It should be in the data settings. Note down that external id and enter the no as
*99***<external id>#
U can also try
*99***<ur airtel mobile no>#

note: - there might be an asterisk before the final hash. Give it a try.

moshel

Padawan
in the modem option in ur pc u need to put an extra initialization command, search the forum once someone had put up the command. i think the name of the topic was something regarding rectifying the PPP ERROR IN AIRTEL MOBILE OFFICE

digital_mech

Broken In
AT+CBST=0,0,1;+CHSN=3,0,0,0;+CGDCONT=,,"airtelgprs.com"<cr>

This is extra intialisation command for mobile office by airtel....works for me in Mumbai.

freezer

Journeyman
digital_mech said:
AT+CBST=0,0,1;+CHSN=3,0,0,0;+CGDCONT=,,"airtelgprs.com"<cr>

This is extra intialisation command for mobile office by airtel....works for me in Mumbai.

Works for me in Gujarat.

Please tell me what handset do you use and what speed you get.

mrao

Broken In
The initialization command is only required IF you are using the USB cable to connect PC & phone...If you are using BT...no AT initialization string is required to be configured...

OP
V

virendra

I finally figured out a way to connect the phone.Called up airtel from another line.Was on the phone with tech support for MMS/GPRS support represantative for 30 minutes.The extra initialisation command is as follows.
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com","",0,0
The dailing number to be used is *99#.
It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom