Connect a Laptop to a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlyngdoh

Right off the assembly line
I have a laptop without TV Out. I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a TV so as to be able to watch DVD etc. What hardare is needed to make it work. Any solution? Thanks.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
get a vga to composit converter this is a small device that connects to the SVGA connector and gives a composit video out that can be connected to the TV.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
what kind of tv out is it??? is it an s-video connector? if so then u can get a s-video cable (if ur tv supports it). else do as pradeep has said...

theraven

Technomancer
yeah he already has a tv out ...
so just use an svideo cable like nemesis says
else get an svideo to composite adapter
either should work just fine

ishaan

Padawan
guys i hav svideo and i installed win xp on my laptop tho its ment for win ME...now after ia ttach the cable it doesnt come on the TV....is there ne 3rd party software i can use for this ?

theraven

Technomancer
@ishaan ull have to goto ur display properties =>advanced => settings=>
and in one of those tabs.... or advanced .. or somethign .. u have to look for display modes or output devices .. or soemthing like that..
there ull be able to select which device u want the output to goto
make sure there .. in the advanced settings .. u have country selected as india .. and format as PAL-B

ishaan

Padawan
i tired it but it didnt work...i did da same thing wen i had win ME...but now nothing happens...da tv screen is blank n da normal screen still works....also i didnt find any option neware for changing da country...dats y i asked is dere ne uda software wich helps do this 4 u ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom