Congrats Goobi !! Mumbai High court Supports Goobi's Historic Movement !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
How many of you remember Goobis Historic Movement against the hoardings near Goan national highways ? The billboards were obstructing the natural and beautiful views of Goa.

And guess what ? The Mumbai High Court gave order to remove the billboards immediately. No, I am serious. The news came in Malayalam Newspapers too. Here is the copy (Mathrubhumi Newspaper). For those can't understand Malayalam, I have included a translation (Uncle is not good in English, so forgive me if there are any mistakes)

Clck on the thumb nail image to see it enlarged.

*c1hqqq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pEd-LI-iFjR7cIUevs98muDDi29db2BsE2c_6lANZma-YUDPTuyoJcVnQrWnEsqXjHyCZAvtxT3E/goobi-movement-thumb.jpg

Click Here if you can't see the thumb nail above.

Translation follows.

Billboards are banned near Goan National Highways.

Panaji : The Goa bench of Mumbai high court asked the Goan Government to immediately remove the billboards which are located near (40 mtrs) the national highways. The court found that the beautiful and scenic views from national highway were being obstructed by the billboards. The bench lead by The honorable chief justice Mr.Swathanthra Kumar made it clear that putting billboards near the Goan national highways is illegal as per the national highway rules as well as environmental protection acts. The court also asked the Goan Goverment to give a reply (report) before August 25th after taking action (removal of billboards) on this.

Goobi Ban Gaya Hero. Hearty Congrats Goobi :)

(I know the thread title is lil exaggerated lol, just to attract you guys, like the court or newspaper reports didn't mention Goobi's historic movement or involvement, but surely it was a good move. )

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Online version (sorry, it is Malayalam itself) of the news can be found in the newspaper's website - Here..

goobimama

 Macboy
Actually the case was (and is still I think) fought by my parents, so I guess I'm involved somehow! :)

Anyway, I'd like to think important people are reading my blog and taking the required action! :)

narangz

Web developer
Congrats Milu :D

Actually the case was (and is still I think) fought by my parents, so I guess I'm involved somehow! :)

I guess you wrote that somewhere! Congratulations to your family! We need more people like you guys to make India a better place to live.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Bravo! Goobi is not useless after all. His antics along with those of the popats got some notice. :D

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Yeah Goobi ! Thanx for the inspiration man. Lots of banners gotta get ugly soon all over India :D.

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw they have replaced the billboard which we 'worked on'. This one's gonna be taken down as well… soon…

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
This court order will sure help people of other states as well.

Sure a great move.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
^^ People can always make a difference in a democracy. It's just that most of us either ignore such issues or have wither learned to live with it.

Congrats Goobi! People like you and your parents are great inspiration :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Congratulations! This is good news, since billboards have been taken down here in Chennai some time ago. They werent obstructing the city's urban atmosphere, more like occupying unwanted space and some distracting drivers on road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom