Confusion.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankitbh_cool

Right off the assembly line
I would like to know that which is the best window which can be used for Internet,multimedia & gaming.I heard XP 2008 is nice.Will it be best or anything else?

j_h

Banned
Is there such a thing as XP 2008 ? Or do you mean XP sp3 ?
In my experience, windows Vista is best for multimedia ,games and internet if you have above 2GB ram and a multicore processor with a good graphics card. If you have just the average rig then xp sp3 will do.

parthbarot

In the zone
vista sucks dude...really... XP is the proper thing for gaming,media,programming anything... Or you can go for linux if you like to learn new nasty thing :).

Stick with XP.Leave Vista.. directly go on windows 7 ;)

regards.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
running a xp sp3 in a machine with multicore processor having 2gb or above memory is a complete waste of hardware

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Y do u say so?

When u get better performance than Vista anyday(XP is uper charged wid such a config)

mastermunj

In the zone
XP will be a better choice for now, Vista still has time to reach the level of compliance with XP. No doubt vista will prove to be better, but Microsoft has loads of work to do on it, till that time, lets live XP :)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
guys SP3 slow the XP its true i read some where 6 month ago.The Microsoft is doing that bcoz forcing to user to switch to vista ?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i am using vista its sucks man facing unpredictable problem i can't cure it and not found nothing on net.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i think, required power of hardware have marginally increased at every stage of new OS have been introduced by MS ...

if the prices of hardware will be fallen in future, then we will have powerfull hardwares to run vista as smoothly. we will also have to say " vista is more powerfull system" ..

as logically, Win9x fasterthan WinNT fasterthan WinXP fasterthan WinVista fasterthan Win7(may be..) (if these OSs run on today's hardware).

so, Every OS is best for that particular period of time..
So dont blame Vista.. it will be changed as faster than XP on one stage.

(sorry for poor English)

Rass

Right off the assembly line
Yes, indeed vista causes a lot of troubles from my experience. Better use XP for such purposes.

Regards,

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
yes..
this is why Xbox /PS3/Wii comes to the picture..
if you want detailed information about the difference between PC Config and Gaming console config.. pl go back to 2003 edition of Digit.. it has an excellent article to differentiate the configuration by its way..
i will try to link with that the article. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom