Votes: 2 8.3%
  • WIndows XP SP2

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldip10

In the zone
hey i'm confused about what to install- MS Windows XP or Wimndows XP SP2.

Windows XP-
takes less time to boot up and pretty faster. No unwanted reports given during any work.

Windows XP SP2-
Takes much time to boot up (and shut down also). Very secured. Reports are given everytime.( irritates much more).

So please vote so that i can have the best OS.... :???:

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It's true that SP2 increases the boot up time, but I didn't understand the part about the unwanted reports. As far as I know, all logging and reporting can be disabled manually.
If you don't use the internet on a particular PC then you can get away without installing SP2 since you won't need the security related hotfixes. But if you use the internet, you must have SP2 installed.

abracadabra

Journeyman
r u looking for a secure pc or an open pc for all those trojans and backdoor irrantants and viruses. if u looking for a secure pc go for XP with SP2. though the system is not completely fool proof i suggest have a gud anti virus solution and an anti spyware solution that is updated frequently and u r computer scanned often.

phatratt

In the zone
i don't find it a real necessity of upgrading to sp2 incase if u don't have any net connection.For those with one shuld consider upgrading to sp2 and keep constantly updating to stay away from problems.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Of course you should install Service Pack 2!
Even if you don't have an internet connection now, you might decide to get one in future. For faster booting, you can always use 'Hibernation' if you have a single login (because the system tends to slow down if you hibernate a lot on multi-user systems).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
13:1
I suppose you have got your answer! :)

Vishal Gupta said:
SP2 definitely!

NOTE: This line has been added to fulfil character limit! :D
I don't know how much spam this implementation has prevented but I am willing to bet that the number is not too high. In fact, it might have prevented a lot of useful, but short, posts. Please remove this obligation guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom