Confusion Viewty,N82,G900,HTC Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys Help me....I am in biigggg confusion.

I wanna get a good Cell Phone (Smartphone, PDA) I am stuck with these selections...each have something special..

Please give ur views...

LG viewty - Good Touch Screen...Video Cam...Great Looks
Nokia N82...Fully Loaded cell...but looks are common
SE G900..Good offering with everything...but small touch screen
HTC Diamond....best touch PDA (After Iphone)...but costly..

Help Me..:cool::)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I think you know the reason. I don't think there is anyone who used all four of them.

N82 is monster of a cell phone.

HTC Touch Diamond <- grossly overpriced phone that it nothing when compared to N95 of N82 or SE P1i

LG Viewty. Certainly not as great as it is showin in the ad. It's biggest drawback is that it doesn't have OS. it's a java phone. Compare that to N82 mighty symbian 9.2.

N82 ARM 11 332 MHz processor 256 MB NAND Memory 128 MB SDRAM Memory 90 MB Free Executable RAM Memory. This means that it's one hell of a phone and with Symbian 9.2, it's THE Phone and only phone that can stand before N82 is N95.

SE G900 <- This is a new phone and have no idea how good it actually is. Specs look terrific and 12hr talktime is amazing. No comments on this.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I will also go with N82.... Great performance,Good camera, Symbian... so you can install lots of apps & virtually do anything... a value for money phone. :)

It's just like a Mini PC in your pocket.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
G900/viewty. If you can live with the n82 s keypad then go with it. Go forward and use each of them. Dnt rely on others fr ur opinion. N82 has the best cam among the mentioned. But i have used nd it has its backlogs. Nd evryone here is nokia pro, so dnt expect any valid replies. The only prob with the viewty is that its an lg, and in india, well.
Y nt wait fr the C905?? The best phn by long.

The G900 though being new has recieved acclamations throughout.Its not yet available in kolkata, else i would have got it last week. (searched throughout but to no avail :( ). g900 has symbian, touchscreen, touch focus, and a great cam. Check esato for pictures taken by the g900. Has much better sound quality thn the above mentioned. But if you want to opt for functionalities, go for the diamond or the Xperia thats due this september.

I say, wait for the C905. 2 months to go. :D

Last edited:
OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thank You guys...if I select from Nokia I would go for N82...I didnt like the design anyways.

I was waiting for xperia X1 dono what happened to it....and c905 will be much costlier...I think like 30k in starting...I would consider G900 but still not much of review available.

Viewty was good with touchscreen and video cam with AVI recording....

Ok one question.....can we install any symbian software in G900 like my N70?? or is there some problems of compatibility

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^Nopes.you have to get UIQ apps.All basic S60 apps are available for UIQ too.So nothing to worry. C905 wil retail for 24k as said by SE.

napster007

Padawan
i'd say the htc diamond! its a bit pricy but will satisfy ur every need! its better than the iphone in my opinion! if u have the cash go for it ...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n82 .. and pls do not compare it to any other phone.Atlease any other symbian phone. Its one of the best phones of all time. A truly great all rounder phone. Not a single user of n82 would complain abt it. And, the keypad of n82 is very good to use once u get used to it. No issues for me at all.

for windows mobile handset - htc touch diamond or samsung omnia ..both are fantastic devices ..and obviously better than iphone .

and pls use search function next time. There is a lot of info available abt all these mentioned phones over the forum .

@dream- c905 is not out yet. What does it have which current devices like n82 lack other than 8mp cam with both kind of flash. Let it release first, then we see how it does as a device. and it is still stuck at qvga@30 fps for video recording, common we need atleast vga@30fps ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^let the device release first. I have seen many websites hampering over the fact that SE would change the video res to VGA.lets c.
N82 lacks DLNA.

Also check out the samsung soul.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Ditch the lg first. Its all about looks .

I think if you can afford touch them go for it. Otherwise n82 is great phone for its price. Get n82 + 8gig card + hack to increase screen brightness and you have almost perfect allrounder.

Have you seen the n82 black ? It looks much better than silver . Though it cant match lg in style. But its not bad either.

Power UP

In the zone
Lets hope that C905 comes with symbian 9.2 instead of uiq which has less apps and also has a hard to use user interface.

But right now N82 is the bomb :D

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Guys...looks like there is no direct compititor for N82 and HTC Diamond in there segnment...But I think G900 will give N82 good compitition.:D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
dont go 4 Viewty.I own it.u'll like it at 1st but later on u'll hate it like hell.sometimes the touch screen doesnt register touches.

N82 is a good fone.the keypad does take a bit to get used to and is a PITA in the beginning.the display brightness prob is solved with a hack but if u apply the hack be warned that ur battery will drain quickly.

SE G900 dont go for it cuz it has a small diaplsy.

Touch Diamond is a bit overpriced.if u hav used a WM fone b4 and u've liked the looks and feel of it then u can buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom