confused with Temp. of cpu and mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnathelord

In the zone
i have asrock 845 chipset mobo and pIV 2.4 prescott,

my bios shows the temp of pros. at ~56 and mobo at 36
whle other softs such as speed fan and sis sandra show that pros. at 36 and mobo at 50

whats more murky out there is that in soft mobo temp goes upto 70 while playing games.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
How are you taking the temp by BIOS?? I mean by the Blue screen?? When comp is in use then the temp can go up, like when u play games and such..............

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
krishnathelord said:
khattam_ said:
How are you taking the temp by BIOS??

i belive one can view the temp of the cpu and mobo by the system monitor in the bios setup??
Thats what i'm talkin about.............
Ok so if you are taking temp from BIOS, is your processor running at full stress?? NO
But when you are playing a game (or just using Windows), isn't your CPU running at stress??......
So, you got the answer, right??
When something is at stress, it ought to have high temp man........

aadipa

Padawan
krishnathelord said:
i have asrock 845 chipset mobo and pIV 2.4 prescott,

my bios shows the temp of pros. at ~56 and mobo at 36
whle other softs such as speed fan and sis sandra show that pros. at 36 and mobo at 50

whats more murky out there is that in soft mobo temp goes upto 70 while playing games.

You said that you have Intel PresHOT So you are bound to get high CPU temp.

Normal temp for these CPUs is 60C and more.

If u think ur CPU is getting heated more than normal, you can add more FANs to your system.

Also Mothorboard temp is not the actual temp of mobo but it is the temp near the sensor on the mobo. If that place is getting heated up due to lack of air flow, it may also get heated.

Basic solution : Add more FANs, may be try to run the system with cabinet panes removed.
Advanced Solution : Try cooling solutions from well known brands.

I assume that higher temps are of CPU and lower are of board.

aadipa

Padawan
Back side upper part of cabinet : Exit FANs

Front side lower part of cabinet : Intake FAN

You can place more Exit fans at top of cabinet if you can.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
We often forget but the HDD too need cooling more so if they are SATA and the new high capacity drives (SCSI obviously cannot work without cooling but thats another story). The best way to this cooling is to attach a Rs30 HDD cooler to the underside of the HDD it has a small fan that blowes air over the drive electronics and keeps it cool.

OP
K

krishnathelord

In the zone
hi guys

as u adviced i installed 2 adition fans in the cabinet

adn the regulat temps droped to pro: 45 and mobo: 31 and HDD: 31

thanx guys for helping me out of the situation:LOL:

We often forget but the HDD too need cooling more so if they are SATA and the new high capacity drives (SCSI obviously cannot work without cooling but thats another story). The best way to this cooling is to attach a Rs30 HDD cooler to the underside of the HDD it has a small fan that blowes air over the drive electronics and keeps it cool.

please give me more details on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom