confused!! spending money for learning .NET or java?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnaik

Broken In
Hi all,
I want to do my career in Computers, I know C++,SQL Server, Delphi.
To study further, i want to know in which technologies i should concentrate.

I like ASP, Visual Basic, SQL Server.
Before taking admission in institution i want to know what i should study.
One of my friends says i should study java technologies ie java, rmi, ejb etc etc,
but i dont enjoy that, i want to study vb, asp, .net , sql server.

Please advice me to take a final decision. Will studying only ASP, Visual Basic and Sql server will help me in getting a good job say around 3 lac/annum?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yes, I am working on .NET and let me assure u that .NET is the future. gradually many companies are switching to .NET. Java was, is and will be gr8 but .NET is catching it up. So my advice to u is to learn .NET.......do ASP.NET as much as u can. If u work on .NET SQL Server will be the right choice (although oracle is better) as most companies prefer it. and u dnt worry abt the salary, if u r planning engineering then u dnt have to learn .NET even (although learning will be an added advantage)......in mumbai there r a lot of companies where u can work on .NET

conclusion: .NET is cool

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
both Java and .NET are competing technologies. Java has been around for a decade and is very robust with good Open Support from many leading IT companies (Sun, IBM, Oracle ...). .NET too is backed heavily by M$. Whatever platform you choose, make it your domain and concentrate on that domain alone, no matter who says what.

My View: java is hot

.net and java technologies, both r pure object oriented. java means u have to study manythings from basics to j2ee and more.. as u dont enjoy that its better to go for .net.. in .net concentrate on c#... there r many openings there for .net now..
.net seems to be better for u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom